Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alienware
27-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Alienware
Okay, so I was talking to my dad about how slow my desktop is, and I sorta' walked him right into buying a new one, so I researched different desktops, and found Alienware. I'm actually looking at this one:

http://www.alienware.com/products/area-5...KU-DEFAULT

Does anyone have experience with Alienware computers? Are they good ('cause apparently they are good for gaming)

Any thoughts are appreciated.  Smile

—Scott
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Re: Alienware
whoa that looks big XD
27-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Hmm. I don't really know how big it is  {blink} . But size doesn't matter when it comes to desktops. I have room  Tongue

—Scott
28-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Hey Scott!
They are quite good Wink My brother wants one, I like it but not my style.
Forbes listed their best gaming laptops and some Dell laptop had made it to the top.
I think Alienware is in it I'm not sure.
I can't find the link though. The Dell game laptop starts at $1000(I think)

28-09-2008, 02:51 AM
All I know about them is that they are really powerful and good computers.

But who mainly uses them is pc gamers...serious ones...those who buy a lot of games for pc, and treats it like a game console.  They are really good at running games in high definition, with a good amount of speed.

The Sims games do not need a lot of computer power to play like all those other computer games that also came out on game consoles, like Lost Planet, and stuff. 

These pcs are mainly for games and gaming.

If you want a computer to do your schoolwork on, play simple games that don't need HD and all this stuff, and games that don't take a lot of space.  If you are not a hardcore computer gamer that treats his pc like an Xbox or PS3, you don't have to get it.

Just save your money, go to radio shack, best buy, or whatever.  As long as a computer is updated and new, with over 150 GB and 3 GB RAM, which is good and common today, and doesn't cost a lot, then get that instead.  Plus, I heard Alienware can overheat or get really hot easily, but that's what I heard about their laptops.  They have to be placed on a desk, instead of a lap, because they get really hot.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
28-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Never used an Alienware before. They are good I hear though.

I too have to say that unless you plan on doing some super gaming, then you don't need that computer. A HP or a Dell will suit for Sims gaming and schoolwork.

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
28-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Thanks for all the replies Smile I didn't make the point about what I'm going to be using this computer for clear  {blush} Anyways, I have a MacBook for schoolwork and I'm thinking of getting the Area-51 for gaming.

—Scott
28-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Alienware computers are one of the best for Gaming; you'd be making one great choice by getting that for gaming. I want one SO bad.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
28-09-2008, 11:23 AM
I've never used one but they look great, although are quite expensive as you're paying a premium for the name. That said, if your dad is paying  Big Grin

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
29-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Aren't alienware computers availiable for download on ts2.com?

Just ignore me, i'm being unhelpful and random...... lol.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]