Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For Horror Gamers Who Have 4th Gen. Systems
29-09-2008, 01:18 PM
For Horror Gamers Who Have 4th Gen. Systems
I am a gamer and I play games like shooters, platformers, and practically everything besides horror games.

I really want to play horror games, but I guess I am too much of a punk.  I can and enjoy watching someone else play horror games, but somehow when the controller is in my hands, I am too afraid to move.  I keep thinking that it isn't real and all they are are just monsters, zombies, and stuff. 

For example, Silent Hill: Homecoming and Dead Space are coming out and I want to play them so bad.  I watched all the gameplay trailers and commetary and stuff about them that have been released, but I am too much of a punk to put the controller in my hand.

It is probably the fact that the people are dead...that may be why I am scared, but in real life, I find I don't mind going to cemeteries or funerals. 

These are gonna be two great games, then I can't wait till Resident Evil 5. 

What should I do to overcome this fear?

I watched people beat the whole game of horror games on youtube from Silent Hill to Doom to about everything, and I am not even scared once, because I am not playing the game...I guess.

I am pretty flexible when it comes to solutions.  I practically have every system, so give it all to me.

Thanks.

I love games like Fable 2 and Little Big Planet, that are coming next month, but I am just tired of being limited in what I play.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Re: For Horror Gamers Who Have 4th Gen. Systems
Have you played either Condemned or Condemned 2?! I'm like you, watching others play is fine but I'm too much of a wuss to play alone {blush}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
29-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I have played Fatal Frame o.O

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
29-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Now that was a scary game, I didn't get very far into that one. I hate the physiological scary ones!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
29-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I got to one part where you had to look in a window and a boy slammed into the window and freaking scared me!

30-09-2008, 12:06 AM
No I didn't play Fatal Frame.

Last game I attempted was Clive Barker's Jericho.  I couldn't even make it to the zombie part.

Then I have Doom 3.

I was good up until everyone started dying and zombies started coming to life.  I stayed in this safe room, and let my cousin have the controller.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
30-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I played Condemend 2! At the beginning, it's really scary. Because there are a lot of scary-moments in it!(I screamed like 6 times in total {lol}) But, later on it begins to be just a shooter. Ofcourse, there are still scary moments (Really, trust me!) but later on it does get less scary!
I played it together with a friend of mine, she came over and we played it the whole night. Haha. That was really cool! Big Grin

-'BlondBimbo

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
30-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I was playing Fatal Frame 1 and I got really scared at the broken-neck lady part {lol}.

04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Ehh games shouldn't scare you. None of it is real.
07-10-2008, 02:56 PM
But it can look real right? {woot}

I can't wait for The Sims 3!