Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help?
12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
help?
hi i bought the sims 2 double deluxe over the weekend and intalled it into my computer and the game wont open when i double click the icon or go through my computer and do the autoplay idk what going on it meets all the requirements the only thing that could be wrong is that every time i turn on my computer a thing pops us saying missing file disc.DLL im not sure what it is but it might be why i cant play the sims 2 because i had the sims on my computer but uninstalled it so i caould have more room for the sims 2 any help would be great.

-thanks
Kris
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Re: help?
this is what it says in the my computer under the details about the game
Sims2doubleDeluxe (ESmile
CD Drive
File system UDF
Free Space: 0 bytes
total size; 4.33GB
13-10-2008, 03:21 AM
What operating system do you have? Mac? Windows XP? Windows Vista?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
13-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm guessing your using Windows as you mentioned 'My Computer'.

It looks like you're looking at the CD of the Sims 2 (Sims2doubleDeluxe (ESmile), which should have no space free (as you can't write to a closed CD).

If you go to 'My Computer' and look at the 'C' drive, how much space do you have there? That is the place where you probably installed The Sims to and the place that needs space. You've probably got plenty on there.

Also, what is the name of the DLL that is missing?

The more information on you can give the better we'll be able to help {yes}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...