Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15 minute story episode 1: Horizon
29-10-2008, 04:15 PM
15 minute story episode 1: Horizon
There's this new series thingy I'll be doing called 15 minute story. I give you a word and you time yourself 15 minutes to write a story without looking up from the keyboard. Now, I imagine I'm not the only one who can type without looking at the keyboard, but you're not allowed look at the monitor/screen or erase anything. Turn off your monitor if you can't help but look for it. I'm gonna do one in the next post. Wink

*Tips*
15 minutes is not a lot of time. Maybe you could use characters from shows or video games (as I shall do) instead of ones you've just made up on the spot. Or you could include yourself.

This won't be the only 15 minute story thread. I'll give new themes every once in a while, so you could make it a series or a long continual story?

Don't be afraid. This isn't for typing skills nor thinking skills, it's for confidence in your own stories.

Theme: Horizon
Look at the word horizon and write a short story using what springs to mind.

[center]Maybe if I stare at you slantways it will make me giggle.[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Re: 15 minute story episode 1: Horizon
OK, mine. Note: This is NOT an RP.

Peach looked out at the horizon.
“wow!” This looks amazing!” uttered she as she combed her long hair. It was nearly time for her breakfast, so she ran downstairs.
“Princess!” Toadsworth began. “That is completely disrespectful and un-ladykllike!” Peach payed no attention but instead ran to the kitchen to prepare something for herself. She had no clue why she was so excited today, it was random. Gazing out to the hoizon, something just felt different. So what, she was a princess? That didn’t  mean she couldn’t have her fun! Actually, Toadsworth wasd the only thing stopping her from doing something fantastically odd. No, she decided that today would be different. No obeying strict orders on how to use an olive fork, no more peculiar utterances on how her manner was different. Toadsworth was just an overprotective perfectionist. The young princess couldn’t believe she was thinking like this. Her cousin Daisy’s wild spirit had really gotten into her. And she liked it. She grabbed her handbag and walked to the door.
“Toadsworth! I’m going to the park!” she called and wandered out before anybody could stop her. She knew what this meant. This meant Toadsworth would get tougher on her. “But who gives a damn?” she said to herself. She was now as carefree and unique as she wanted to be. Not just some posh princess with no friends. She pulled out her Gameboy (Gamegirl, she called it) and hummed a tune to herself. She had just gotten a new Pokémon game for her birthday. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Bowser came along.
“King Koopa, sir!” she gasped politely, fearing that something may happen to her.
“Peach,” he replied stubbornly, as if he didn’t wish to greet her. Ever since she was a baby, Princess Peach had to put up with being kidnapped. She’d always managed to find a way out.But what would happen this time?Rumour had it that Boswer had greatly increased in strength,honestly beyond the energetic princcess’s skills. He leaned over.
“So, Toadstool, you like my castle?” he asked with a sinisdster grin.
“Well…” Peach started nervously but before she could finish,a bunch of goombas had grabbed her.

The journey to Bowser’s castle was long and uncomfortable. When they finally arrived, King Bowser showesd a dominating side.
“Release the soldiers! And lock up that princess!” he shouted hoarsely.

A few hours later, Bowser went to see if Peach had escaped from the cell. She was

I got no further than this. Wink

[center]Maybe if I stare at you slantways it will make me giggle.[/center]
Quote this message in a reply