Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you possibly think......?
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Do you possibly think......?
That since there seems to be all of these recylced items in the game, the customisation is unlimited; etc. that maybe there will be a way that you can import sims 2 families into the sims 3. Before I just thought they were lazy, or it was just a select few items, but since more and more screenshots have been released, there have been more and more item, even from TS2 eps!

There was the playground equipment in one screenshot, and the toddler table from FT (in newly customised form, as a turtle) in the halloween screenhot released today, and those are definitely not all of them.

I've even seen the basegame toddler toys!
EDIT: and in the other halloween screenshot, there are wall chandeliers that i use regularly in the sims 2!

What do you think? Would it even be possible?

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Re: Do you possibly think......?
No, the imported sims2 are now called sims3 lol.

Sims 2 sims will stay in the sims 2 game (of course the townies like the goths)

People don't understand that the modding and such are two different platforms. The sims 3 is a more updated version and the two can't be meshed.

Its simple, recreate the sims 2 sims in your sims 3 game and pick up from there.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Oh okay.... That's a bit disappointing.

So it's just EA being lazy......... Sad

I thought maybe they were gonna do something impressive.....

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't think so.

Just do the math:
Sims 3 has this trait system and Sims 2 doesnt. From where will your imported Sims get the traits? Air? {rolleyes}
Sims in TS2 have aspirations and wants.
Also.the clothing system is different, the meshes are different and won't match TS3.
There is this costumization thingie as well.
The CAS and faces are way different.

I do love my Sims 2 families, but I'd prefer to recreate them again, since in the CAS is so much fun and I'd add the traits I imagine my sim would have. Wink
05-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Well sais earthgirl. Everyone needs to realize that they are two seperate games and can't be meshed together.

If you want to put your sims2 in the game, just recreate them to a T with traits.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Isn't the first post about how the objects are the same?? Not the sims? I've seen that a lot too, but they probably just don't want to show off all the new objects yet so they're using fillers.