Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Cover Art
15-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Re: New Cover Art
i think it would be okay if they just covered up all the cleavage. since it's 12+.

but at the same time, there is s3x in the game. even though they sugar coat it and call it 'woohoo'.
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2008, 07:13 AM
I doubt its the real one... but I think it was done by EA.. doesn't look like some fan did it, if you know what I mean. Wink

[center][size=12pt][glow=black,2,300]I♥One Tree Hill[/glow][/size]<br />[Image: s.jpg]
[/center]
15-11-2008, 02:04 PM
(12-11-2008 06:01 PM)Cassie link Wrote:I'm starting to change my mind about it a little bit... I mean it's colourful and I like the sunset sky. I think they could have chosen more... variable characters, like, they should have put a chubby (or at least someone with a slightly fuller figure) on the front to show the contrasts between sizes now. And the characters are too similar (I mean you can see they're all young adults, why not put a child or adult on there too?). But I do like it. Smile

I agree!  Big Grin

Thanks for telling us about this!

~Simschick17~
15-11-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah, I'm all for diversity. and that boobage, won't be available in the actual game 'cause I've seen that sort of purple dress without a cleavage in one of the recent pictures..

If there would be boobage as shown on this cover, then we should be able to adjust boob size as well in CAS, but that would be a bit too perverted. Tongue
15-11-2008, 07:01 PM
yea i'm starting to change my mind about it now..i think it's just
a tad too exposing for the age group there aiming for. my 'rents might be
like "eeehhh........................." my mom would probably faint. lol. well, not really
but she wouldn't be happy.  Sad
15-11-2008, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2008 07:17 PM by Sara.)
Hm. It does NOT look like the real deal to me. =/

I second what you guys said: it's just not proper. It makes the game look like it's a dating simulation game instead of a life simulation game. It makes the game look more sexual than what it is, in fact.
They would never overlook that. It's important that they sell as many copies as possible and excluding the little kids whose parents buy them the game will hurt them financially.

It does not represent the game. Where are the toddlers/kids, and the elders? Where does it show that The Sims is not a mere fun game, but it makes you have a strategy, and a life plan? This cover shows no social hierarquies, nor sims with different jobs, interests, etc. Just a bunch of teenagers looking overly sexual/horny and that's all you can discern - oh, it looks like they are having a great time. That's it.
All the previous *official* covers showed the variety this game allows, and the new features. This one fails to do the same.

Besides; it's soo messy, too teenage-y, the colors look too saturated, it fails to represent the game. I'm saying this as the graphic designer student I am; I may be wrong, of course, but it definitely doesn't look official to me. Just amateur-ish.

It can be just a promotional picture, or an insert picture at the most, that makes way more sense. I'm 99,7% sure it's not the final cover.

(Oh, and uncovered boobs in the cover picture? FAIL)
15-11-2008, 07:15 PM
haha, my mom would be like "no way."  I know once she saw gameplay she would be fine but you have to get the game to show gameplay so it would be unlikely for me to get it.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
15-11-2008, 08:59 PM
(15-11-2008 07:14 PM)Sara link Wrote:Hm. It does NOT look like the real deal to me. =/

I second what you guys said: it's just not proper. It makes the game look like it's a dating simulation game instead of a life simulation game. It makes the game look more sexual than what it is, in fact.
They would never overlook that. It's important that they sell as many copies as possible and excluding the little kids whose parents buy them the game will hurt them financially.

It does not represent the game. Where are the toddlers/kids, and the elders? Where does it show that The Sims is not a mere fun game, but it makes you have a strategy, and a life plan? This cover shows no social hierarquies, nor sims with different jobs, interests, etc. Just a bunch of teenagers looking overly sexual/horny and that's all you can discern - oh, it looks like they are having a great time. That's it.
All the previous *official* covers showed the variety this game allows, and the new features. This one fails to do the same.

Besides; it's soo messy, too teenage-y, the colors look too saturated, it fails to represent the game. I'm saying this as the graphic designer student I am; I may be wrong, of course, but it definitely doesn't look official to me. Just amateur-ish.

It can be just a promotional picture, or an insert picture at the most, that makes way more sense. I'm 99,7% sure it's not the final cover.

(Oh, and uncovered boobs in the cover picture? FAIL)

It's been confirmed by EA that it is indeed the real cover. I don't know what to think! I'm just... indifferent, to be honest.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
15-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah I would have thought there would be more age groups on the cover or something not just some sexual looking sims..
but lets all remember the cover isnt the game itself..at least the game will be good..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
16-11-2008, 02:45 PM
That is a disappointment, if that is the real cover.  Where is the diversity?  I would understand Sims 2, but Sims 3? 

(now for those who will have parents concerned about the cover..)

Well, if that is the confirmed cover, like Cassie said, and if it doesn't change in the next 3.5 months...(it can change, since there is plenty of time)..you just may have to stragetize and work things out with your parents.

I never had this problem when it came to games with my mom, but when she didn't let me get something else by how it looks..you have to talk to them.

How about, honestly show them the cover...and see what they think.  Don't go into no arguments or debates about it.  Then tell them that this is not a nasty or sexual game, like it seems.  (The crew is mostly male...so I am thinking a male did this cover)  But to prove your point, show them the gameplay.  Don't just show them the basics.  Show them marriage, s3x, birth, kissing interactions, flirt, etc.  If they don't get the concept of the game (control your sims lives), tell them the concept.

Depending on how your parents are, you will just have to make a plan to convince them.  It is best when they haven't said no yet, but would when they see the cover.  And if they have already said no, go to them and say that you want to talk about the game...you don't want to get into no arguments or debates...you want to share your side and thoughts...then your parent can after you...or the other way around (as long as you two get your points)...no one can't talk while the other is talking.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?