Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When I Took My Time
01-12-2008, 01:35 PM
When I Took My Time
Well, I was playing TS2 last night, and I wanted to play in that neighborhood that came with Freetime, so I decided to create a family and build a house.

Well, I wasn't in the house-building mood, but I wanted them to have a nice house, since they were both fortune sims.  And look what I did when I took my time building a house.  It isn't all that great, but it's the best house I have built, and it isn't cheap looking.  I wanted to cry.  (And I cannot build a roof for crap...so if you know how to build roofs...I don't understand the tools for it)  I suck with arches and stuff, so I would had liked to build less of a block.

[Image: snapshot_163f04c3_b63f1a8a.jpg]

I have not really furnished the upstairs.  I really don't add wallpapers to the extra rooms, because they are usually for the kids, which the family hasn't had yet.  So I decorate them according to the gender, so when kids come, the rooms come.

But here is the downstairs:

[Image: snapshot_163f04c3_563f1ad3.jpg]

Upstairs:

[Image: snapshot_163f04c3_f63f1acb.jpg]

Back:

[Image: snapshot_163f04c3_363f1add.jpg]

Then they like have the cutest couple!!! 

[Image: snapshot_163f04c3_963f1b67.jpg]

[Image: snapshot_163f04c3_d63f1ba4.jpg]

I am like so mad right now because I didn't build it in the hood of my legacy...but there can always be two...especially since my semester is ending next week.

I had built a house before this that was diagional for them.  It was BEAUTIFUL!!!  Then I had to delete it, because the stupid game don't make items that goes on or against diangonal walls.  What is the point of that instant room shape tool then?

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Re: When I Took My Time
That is a very nice house ^_^

It might not look flashy on the outside, but you've got a lot of stuff going on on the inside! My houses were like that too, back when TS2 first came out, and even in TS1.  It took me a lot of time to get out of the square houses, lol.  Just keep at it!

^_^

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks.

Although I don't enjoy building houses, I should practice more.  Like go to lots and build.  Then I may grow to love it.

I really loved building in TS1...in TS2, all I want to do is play.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
02-12-2008, 02:18 AM
I hated building houses at first too, honestly.

But after a while I made myself sit down and practice.

I got better, and better. And as I got better, I started to really enjoy building Smile

02-12-2008, 02:38 AM
What is the deal with diagional rooms?  Can't do nothing with them...

02-12-2008, 03:05 AM
They're tricky.

But if you take your time and learn how to use the boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true/false code, you can do a lot more Smile  This, unlike most other boolprop cheats, won't screw with your game. Here are the codes I find the most vital for decorating:

boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true/false

move_objects on/off

boolprop snapobjectstogrid false/true (false turns on, true turns off ... weird, I know!)

If you take your time and just play with these cheats, before actually building with them, you'll be surprised what you can do!  I'm still getting used to them, so don't feel bad Smile  The snapobjectstogrid cheat works really well for angled rooms, especially with the angle and move_objects cheats ^_^

02-12-2008, 03:56 AM
LOL!

You are really good.

02-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Your house doesn't look half bad ^^ I know that I build houses like that sometimes, especially starting out. With more practice, you should get better ^_^

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]