Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote For Us!
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Re: Vote For Us!
(09-12-2008 08:40 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:Good grief.  Isn't he a nice person?  Snooty's forums are pretty fun.

And did you found this website, like came up with the idea and stuff?

Like you wanted a forum or something, if you did?

Hmm yep Snooty is a really nice guy.

Don't quite understand what you are getting at in the next part? I don't own this forum, Mr Admin does. Smile

Coming Soon...
09-12-2008, 08:46 PM
My bad...I misunderstood the "founder moderator" in your thing.

We never hear from the two big people of this website.  We wonder about them.  But they are doing great though.  I just thought that you had something to do with this website's coming, not you being over it, just something to do with it.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Nope, I had nothing to do with it at all. Smile

Mr Admin set up this forum, and he and Matt admin it. I talk to Matt all the time, and he posts sometimes, but he's not with the 'in-crowd' [Haha just kidding Matt, love ya really]. Anyway I was one of the most active members back when the forum started, [I was first to get to 1,000 posts - *cringe* Not Bragging! - Just saying"] Anyway, in April, Myself & Bambi were asked by Matt if we wanted to join the Moderation team.

Founder Moderator just basically means we were the first moderators and we founded the Moderator group, I guess XD Bat & Scott are currently in the regular 'Global Moderator' group.

Coming Soon...
09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Oooohhh!  I see...

I see him on too, like early mornings, late nights...I never saw him post. (lol)

Like when did this forum start up?  Like late '07 or something?

I joined in April and am just now getting 1K posts.  I don't get how some of these people been here for like 5 or less months and are almost platinum.  I can't do it.  10K posts seem like a whole lot!  It would take me like 3 years or so...and idk if I would still be active then.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
This forum started in the Middle of March this year. It's done alright for itself seeing as it has only been open for 9 months, better than most forums, I tell you now. Smile

Coming Soon...
09-12-2008, 09:04 PM
It is better than most forums.

I usually start an account, and don't post a lot...then I get bored and leave.

Then you don't really get attached to the community.

Here, you know everyone, everyone knows you, everyone has a personality, and they are fun in their own unique way.  Then if someone don't post for a while, people wonder...well, about some people.

There was like a month that I haven't posted...no one wondered about me.  But that was before we were getting good updates...I was just bored.

But yeah, it's like you have a community of "virtual" buddies.

09-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Yep, thats what I like about this forum.

You are friends with everyone. On some other sites, especially "official" forums [TS2, EA, etc...] you don't know anyone because you have strict rules etc... and you don't have very many ways to get in contact with people. The EAUK forums are pretty okay I would say, it does have an Off Topic section which benefits most forums since that is the place where most of the posting happens, and people interact a lot more, rather than just having a specific topic forum [General Discussion on TS2.com] where you have to talk about TS2 and don't go Off Topic.

Coming Soon...
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
And there are a lot of things people cannot have fun with on other forums.

For example, if someone starts a legacy on the BBS, all you get is ratings.

Here, someone can comment on it and even more, like ask questions and other things.

Then more activities are promoted more, like legacy awards, this award, best this, best that.

And you mods are nice.  On other forums, if you pm a mod, even if it is pretty serious, you will either:

a.  Not get a response.
b.  Get cussed out or chewed out by the mod.
c.  Get banned for bothering the mod.

You gotta only bug them when it is deadly serious.  Abuse and all of that isn't an excuse...it would be like...so what if someone is harassing you.

And usually mods don't talk to the members...they go around forums acting like their title means God of the Forum or Admin Almighty.

And another question is sometimes, you will see for example:

10 guest, 3 Sims (1 hidden)

Who is that hidden sim?  I may have an idea, but you know?

09-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Aha!

I love c.. "Oh she PMed me again", *bans*, LOL! Nice one, Have some karma Big Grin

I also agree, on most forums Moderators don't post a lot, they only usually post when they need to perform a Moderation action.

Hidden means that they have set themselves to not appear on the online list, you can change it in your profile. I was like that last week XD.

Coming Soon...
09-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah...Mods are usually trolls.

And on this one website I sometimes go to, a pokemon website, they need to post restrictions on some of their signatures.

Thread Closed