Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Julzz Explains the sims3 Hardware Requirements are Nonsense !
20-12-2008, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2008 01:49 AM by Super_Matt.)
Julzz Explains the sims3 Hardware Requirements are Nonsense !
Tongue I guess i was right about the hardware

well, im sort of annoyed about my new Requirements:

dateline= Wrote:THE SIMS 3 MINIMUM HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS

FOR WINDOWS XP

* Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    * 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 1 GB RAM
    * At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
    * 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

FOR WINDOWS VISTA

* Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
    * 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 1.5 GB RAM
    * At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
    * 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA X3000 or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
    * 0.5 GB additional RAM

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS

NVIDIA GeForce series

FX 5900, FX 5950
    6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,
    7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
    8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
    9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280

ATI Radeon™ series

9500, 9600, 9800
    X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
    X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
    2400, 2600, 2900
    3450, 3650, 3850, 3870,
    4850, 4870

Intel® Extreme Graphics

GMA X3x00 series

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slower. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Intel integrated chipsets featuring underclocked parts will not perform adequately.

Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn't listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

What on earth was EA thinking about the system requirements. no game needs 1.5gb of ram.....

even a Operating System doesn't need 1.5 to play.......

the graphics are good   

NVIDIA GeForce series

FX 5900, FX 5950
    6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,
    7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
    8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
    9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280

well my  Desktop has GTX 280 Smile

well this means 1 thing. the sims3 is going to slow the **** out of your Desktop Computer or Laptop. so i think you need to upgrade your CPU to 3.0 ghz with the sims3 eps Smile

Regards

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Re: Julzz Explains the sims3 Hardware Requirements are Nonsense !
I'm sorry. I think that the requirements are very reasonable.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
20-12-2008, 03:12 AM
But. your Computer will Slow over time from having this game. Let me Prove you this when i get my game and install it on a computer with 1.5gb of DDR1 ram Tongue

and it will be best if you have 2-3gb of ram. to be honest iv been programming a program that size and testing if it laggs the computer.

it will give the same usage sims3 is taking. so ill give you guys a in deep Preveiw called " Sims3 usage Preview"

Also Bat Please Give me reasons why its reasonable Smile

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
20-12-2008, 03:18 AM
It is taking up so much RAM due to that seamless n-hood and universal aging, I bet.

I am so freaking glad I bought a new computer, it has everything on the requirements list.

My older one would had ran it..it had the RAM and HD space, but not the graphics card.

I think it would had been slow too.  I have 1.5GB in it (RAM) and it's a Vista.  I guess XP takes .2GB, because it says it has 1.3...I would die with a lagging game.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
20-12-2008, 03:39 AM
See, here is my problem with complaining about these specs.

We want seamless.
We want graphics.
We want no loading.
We want custom everything.
We want better sims.
We want more options.
We want this and that and this and that and this and that.

For everything we want, it adds more for the program. I may not be a programing wiz, but I know that the more a program has to offer, the higher the specs are going to be.

Honestly, seamless neighborhoods are going to take some RAM because it needs to load EVERYTHING. If you want to sit and wait for an hour for it to load the entire neighborhood, go ahead and play it with less than 1.5 gigs of RAM. See how long it takes.

If you want the graphics, go ahead and play with a graphic card that isn't supported or that is lower than the recommended minimum requirements. Don't complain when you don't get top of the line images.

Every time something is improved, there are requirements. The Sims 3 is no exception. The Sims 2 had fairly high requirements at the time of release. Guess what- if you didn't have those requirements, the game was slow. Heck, the game was still slow if you just met the minimum requirements.

For what the simming community is asking for, I believe that these requirements are very low.

I have, I believe, four gigs of RAM. I have plenty of space. The only thing I don't know if it is high enough, is my graphics card (Radeon x1300 with 1022mb).

20-12-2008, 03:46 AM
They are low, I agree.

When I first saw them...I was like...that's all?

Now on other forums, it's like the rapture...people are going crazy about their specs, and about they can't run it and stuff..chaos.

Then you have to think about, what you said, all we fans want.  That's the cost!  And that's where games are going these days.

These requirements are good compared to games these days that are also on consoles, like Dead Space and stuff.

And you have to think about the style of games these days...things are going seamless in all games, universal in all games, better graphics, more realistic personalities and different ones for each character, etc.

EDIT:  Bat, your graphics card is on the list.  You can also google it to see more about it.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
20-12-2008, 03:47 AM
We need to realize that one gig of RAM isn't going to cut it anymore, especially when you have Vista.

20-12-2008, 03:55 AM
I heard that Vista was a RAM hog.

I wanted no lag at all, so I went for a computer with 8GB of RAM.  And I wanted it to stay up to date for years to come.

And I don't know why people say Vista sucks and it is very complicated.  It is very simple to me, and I love it,

Back to TS3:

You are right...ATI and nVIDIA are the most popular graphics cards...the game can run on other graphics cards.  And it really doesn't cost much to upgrade RAM if you have a job or course...you can get a GB for under $100...depending on your computer. 

I'm sure everyone would be fine as long as long as their computer is 1-3 or 4 years old.  Computers new these days sell with 3-4GB of RAM, a huge hard drive, and a good graphics card.  Just choose the right type of computer for the functions you would be using.

20-12-2008, 04:00 AM
those numbers are way confusing, but 6.5 GB caught my eye like wicked fast.

THATS A LOT OF MEMORY.,

holy hell my compy's gonna die near my birthday.
well this sucks >_>

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
20-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Wow, my computer so does not fit those requirements...