Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relationships.
28-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Relationships.
I had this idea that when our sims get to a certain point in their relationship with another sim, they could lock the relationship bar so that it wouldnt progress anymore past that point. For example if you wanted to make your sim stay best friends or just friends with another sim, they could lock it at that so they wouldnt fall in love, like on TS2.

Also, the relationship bar would decrease if they didnt keep in contact or anything, but then if they talked hung out again it would go back up to the point you locked it at.

This would certainly be very useful for me, but do you think it's a good idea?
Sorry, this is my first topic I have put on this site.. {blush}
And sorry if anyone has bought this topic up before... {wacko} I'm new. haha.
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Re: Relationships.
I guess... but that's not how relationships really work right? But then again, I know Sims is just a game. Not reality.

[center][size=12pt][glow=black,2,300]I♥One Tree Hill[/glow][/size]<br />[Image: s.jpg]
[/center]
28-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh well. I kind of like the idea anyway.
And thanks for the reply!  Big Grin
28-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I didn't say it was a bad idea. Tongue

[center][size=12pt][glow=black,2,300]I♥One Tree Hill[/glow][/size]<br />[Image: s.jpg]
[/center]
28-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm in the middle on this one...I mean, in real life you can't lock a relationship, but who said this was real life? On the other hand, it would be very handy, like you said, if you just wanted to stay best friends with someone. I'm not entirely sure I'd use it if it was in the game, I like to run wild. Aha.

Good job with the idea though Wink

Coming Soon...
29-12-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't know how this would work. I like the idea, but I'm not sure.

Now, if you could use it to keep best friends and not let the relationship status decline, then I would be all for it, lol. I always have problems keeping best friends, lol!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
29-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Tecnically, it's not how real-life relationships work. And yes, it is just a game, but, in my point of view:
Sure, you can't have a meter and stop your relationship from growing with a person in real-life, but you can keep the relationship from progressing further than it is. Say, Jennie and Mike are best friends. Mike likes Jenny, but Jenny doesn't like Mike. So they just stay best friends and nothing else happens ((unless Jenny changes her mind- - -you change the stop on the bar and let them be more than just BFF's.)).
So, in a way, it would make the game some-what more realistic.

:D

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
29-12-2008, 12:19 AM
That is true Joann.

Hmm...

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
29-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Yea, I guess.
It would be a nice feature, though.
To keep your Sims from doing unwanted things with another Sims without you telling them to (:

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
29-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Ummmm, so do you people like the idea?? {blush}