Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What if Cassandra is not born?
01-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Re: What if Cassandra is not born?
They can pre-program if they want to.

Games do it all the time.  When you are playing an RPG, and if they want you to lose a battle for the storyline, they will make you lose, no matter how strong you are.

It is pointless when they do that in RPGs.  You would begin a game or be somewhere, and you wonder why you can't kill this monster, then you die, and get all disappointed, but then a cutscene happens...and you are all mad, because you used all of your potions and stuff for nothing.

By the pictures, it seems like they already have an relationship.  I bet they know each other in the game.  I bet it's preprogrammed, like the past stories of the other townies.  Like the Altos, and that prego lady, and all of that.  I bet they have a story to them, and you are gonna see some of it when you play with them. 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Yes, but if mortimer and bella were preprogrammed, you wouldn't be able to play them properly. They would just go against your wishes. and Brandi broke is pregnant, which only means her pregnancy (and the gender of the baby) is preprogrammed. You always got to choose whatever else happened for her.

Besides, what's the point in going back in time, if it's just going to be the same as the first 2?

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I think they will let each of us choose what we do with Mortimer & Bella.
I re-installed my hoods quite a few times in Sims 2, and each time I played the family differently.
In one I had Don Lothario living with Nina and having an affair with Dina, he had 10 kids by the end of it.  Big Grin
04-01-2009, 06:30 AM
I've reinstalled my 'hoods too a couple times.

One time I made a CAS Sim and she got pregnant with Don, but she didn't marry him then. They just remained good friends Smile  lol

He and his daughter were good friends, as well.  So it worked out, and in the end they did get married, right as the daughter was turning into an adult.  During her life time, I played Don out, and had him dump all his other girlfriends, than changed his aspiration from Romance to something else.

So, when the daughter grew up, I had the mother and Don drink the potion, and got younger, and had another kid together Smile  I miss that family, lol.

But yeah, as far as the whole Cassandra not being born thing ... Well, even if the game is pre programmed so that they have a daughter first no matter what, you can name her whatever you want. She doesn't have to be Cassandra, lol.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
05-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Exactly. They wont force you to do anything. that wouldn't be fair. and it wouldn't be the sims.

That would be that ridiculous sim movie they're making. {rolleyes}

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
05-01-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm with Suggie. I never really played the Goth family with the Sims 2, always was busy with all of my other families in the town I created...but if I do play them in the Sims 3, i would have Cassandra be born but either have Bella or Mortimer be the parent, a child they share with someone else and not with each other....for the drama.  Tongue

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
05-01-2009, 02:16 AM
(05-01-2009 12:26 AM)BᄂΛᄃΚ DIΛMӨПDƧ™ link Wrote:Exactly. They wont force you to do anything. that wouldn't be fair. and it wouldn't be the sims.

That would be that ridiculous sim movie they're making. {rolleyes}

That I'm downloading or watching online for free.  Or if my mom or someone pays for the tickets, I would...naw, I'll pocket the money.

I should be in charge of that movie.  My plot would have all TS2 characters in it, and make a movie off their storylines.  Like the true Goth story, the truth with Don and every woman in the hood, Cassie, etc.  My version of the movie would be actually based off the game.

NOT POWER RANGER THEMED LIKE THIS MOVIE!!!  (BUT CARTOONS ARE SO STUPID THESE DAYS ALONG WITH KIDS MOVIES THESE DAYS)

What happened to good kids movies and cartoons that had a real story to it--like Rugrats, and all the other cartoons from the 90s and kids movies.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
07-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Standards have dropped.

Everyone is sooo sensative now, they want to protect their precious little children from cold-hard-facts of life.  So then when they're kids grow up all closed-minded or end up being sluts, they sit there and wonder ... "where did I go wrong?"

Maybe if you let your kids be a little more exposed to some things, and not so exposed to others, your kid wouldn't be an idiot as an adult!

I grew up in the 80's/90's ... and I think I turned out fantastic. I watched shows like Pee-Wee Herman, where just two years ago they re-aired it and I'm like "WTF?! I watched THIS?! OMG" The jokes were so ... outragious! But, as a child you don't get them, and that's what makes them so darn funny.

Now, as an adult ... I get them and think the show is even funnier!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
That is so true.  Standards have dropped.  And you are right, people are too overprotective of their children and that is leading to the death of many things.  TV shows today suck, cartoons suck, everything suck.  Every teen/adult cartoon show has to take place in some beach area and it is all s3x and stuff.  Then kids cartoons are the same, they are either too kiddy or too stupid...and they aren't funny at all. 

I have also went back and watched some cartoons and movies that I used to watch as a child.  Rugrats, I get the show even more and it is funnier, because I didn't understand everything.  My mother and teen cousins would watch the show with me, and they loved it. The adults are really funny and it's a show an adult can get a laugh out of, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, all of them will get a laugh out of adults.  Then movies today suck too.  Everything is either too sexy or something today.  Back then, like in the early 90s (I was born in 89), our actors weren't all beautiful and perfect, and they sure didn't have as many problems, or wasn't as crappy as actors today, nor did they get way too much attention.  There were actors of all sizes, they had wrinkles on their bodies, all ages, all shapes, today, the same perfect actors are all in the same movies.  And movies are too "up in the clouds" today...back then, you can relate to the movie, and movies were more about realer life situations.

They have killed Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, with shows like Hannah Montana and all of these kids shows (with kid stars)  they freaking ruined the networks.  Spoiled kids.  Then Camp Lazlo...and cartoons like that--STUPID--and they are nasty--showing butts and boogers all the time.  There is no story to the cartoon or nothing, just fart and butt jokes.  Then Power Rangers, they ruined that show too.  The only show that isn't ruined yet is Pokemon, and that has went down a little, because in Ash's Kanto adventures and Johto adventures, you can catch dirty jokes and stuff in it.  Then the WWE is stupid now...it used to be the bomb in the 90s.  Now we have half-ass superstars and stupid personalities...superstars acting retarded, kidnapping each other and stuff, and we know that it is an act, because they would be arrested in the real world.

I have came to the point where I don't watch television anymore.  I usually just watch movies off my external hard drive, or old cartoon episodes.  Today, cable is a waste of money...you can watch anything online today for free.

When I was a child, and if a show had cussing, my mom would still have me watch it, but I bet not say none of those words around her.  My Barbies that me and my cousins my age played together probably did curse and had our babies the right way, but when our parents came around, we knew how to play.  (Well, it was my teen cousin's fault about our barbies having babies)  She yelled at us when they had a baby out of no where, she showed us what Barbie and Ken had to do, then Barbie had to have pregnancy symptoms, carry the baby for a while, before I could play with Kelly or whoever.

08-01-2009, 07:28 AM
I feel the same way , and btw I still love rugrats I still have the videos . It seems nothing on tv is good I use to like MTV,but now its mostly really bad reality shows instead of music videos. I think that parents this day and age worry about what kids are showing,but the parents shouldn't worry. Me and my sister watch show's that have cussing in it,but we don't yell out cuss words, or act out what we see on tv. I think that we are kind of running out of idea's on tv shows, if you noticed most of the time its the same thing over and over again never a new plot. Kind of like horror movies they were so good and I love horror movies but it is so hard to find a good one now because its a bad remake of a classic or a really bad remake of a j-horror movie.