Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 2 Apartment Life complications
31-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Sims 2 Apartment Life complications
    As of yesterday, I've had the Apartment Life expansion pack and it has... not been a pleasurable thing. The first problem was that my downloaded items wouldn't come up, so I tried to re-download them and they still won't show up in the objects/buy mode. However, they are all listed as being downloaded in the pannel that enables/disables downloads. And its just the objects, because the clothing items and building items are working.
    Then I uninstalled the game after trying different ways to have the downloads show up on the game, but when I uninstalled it... it took off my EA game folder completely from my computer and to get that back I had to uninstall every sims 2 game and then re-install every game. The EA games folder is back once again, but NOW my download folder isn't. I created a new folder because I don't know what else TO do and the items are being listed as downloaded on the screen, but still won't show up in the buy bin thing...
    So, is anyone else having similar problems? I've read through the info book that comes with the game, and I've looked on the EAsimsgame site place... but I'm not finding any answers. Any suggestions?
I have all the expansion packs (minus the stuff packs) except Nightlife, University, and Free Time
Thank you and sorry for the long message
sarah
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Re: Sims 2 Apartment Life complications
Hi Sarah-

Welcome to the forums! I hope you stick around and get to know the site!

Now, as for your problem-

Do you have the latest patch?

Did your items work before Apartment life?

Are they still in the "Downloads" folder?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
31-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Hey, I'm not sure if you tried this, but did you make sure you pressed the "enable custom content" button and then restarted the game and then continued on playing? Other than that, Bat offered wonderful suggestions so also try those.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
31-12-2008, 03:43 PM
(31-12-2008 06:40 AM)phoebe91 link Wrote:Hey, I'm not sure if you tried this, but did you make sure you pressed the "enable custom content" button and then restarted the game and then continued on playing? Other than that, Bat offered wonderful suggestions so also try those.

OMG took me to forever to figure that one out back when I first started using CC LOL

If you start your game, and it has "Disable" selected, and then you click "Enable" you have to restart the game before it takes effect. I did not know that so when I checked "Enable" and nothing showed up, I got sooo frustrated, lol.  But, after about 30 minutes of trying to figure it out, I rebooted the game and when it came up "Enabled" was already selected, and all my CC was there.

So yeah, deffinately check "Enable" then restart your game.  Hopefully that helps, but if not ... Bat is pretty darn good at figuring stuff out Smile

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
31-12-2008, 05:07 PM
(31-12-2008 03:43 PM)MÅJIÇK link Wrote:[quote author=phoebe91 link=topic=4370.msg157689#msg157689 date=1230702012]
Hey, I'm not sure if you tried this, but did you make sure you pressed the "enable custom content" button and then restarted the game and then continued on playing? Other than that, Bat offered wonderful suggestions so also try those.

OMG took me to forever to figure that one out back when I first started using CC LOL

If you start your game, and it has "Disable" selected, and then you click "Enable" you have to restart the game before it takes effect. I did not know that so when I checked "Enable" and nothing showed up, I got sooo frustrated, lol.  But, after about 30 minutes of trying to figure it out, I rebooted the game and when it came up "Enabled" was already selected, and all my CC was there.

So yeah, deffinately check "Enable" then restart your game.  Hopefully that helps, but if not ... Bat is pretty darn good at figuring stuff out Smile
[/quote]

Yeah, that was my problem. Big Grin I figured it out this morning... But what I don't understand was that I restarted the game plenty of times when downloads were already enabled. Oh well, its working now and I am MUCH happier. Thanks.  {clap}

-sarah
31-12-2008, 05:32 PM
(31-12-2008 06:40 AM)phoebe91 link Wrote:Hey, I'm not sure if you tried this, but did you make sure you pressed the "enable custom content" button and then restarted the game and then continued on playing? Other than that, Bat offered wonderful suggestions so also try those.

Ah, I forgot about that! Like Majick, that took me forever to figure out at first too!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
31-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Ah, I thought that might be the problem when I first read it. I think it caught me a couple of times. But I'm glad its working now!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]