Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What will make the cut?
16-03-2008, 06:06 AM
What will make the cut?
Is was wondering what features introduced in sims 2 expansions that will make it in to the base game of sims 3. Nothing would piddle me off more than if they used up the majority of the new expansions were used to add old features. We already know weather, and presumably seasons, will be included, as well as cars. I have a strong feeling business ownership will be included do one of the developers saying it was his favorite expansion. I really hope pets make it into the base game. I am sad to say Downtowns, Colleges,and Vacations in the base game seem very unlikely. The free time stuff seems like it meshes well with the new trait system.
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Re: What will make the cut?
Well, I think businesses AND vacations will be included. It seems that since sims may now go anywhere, they should be able to buy another lot and possibly vacation there (hopefully in universal sim time). Weather will almost deffinately be included now that its all worked out. Pets have a chance of making it in, but I really hope they don't. I cant stand sim pets.
16-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I hope that Pets do come into the game. Because, they are cute Smile And, also you can give them a career also, and I really like that.

But, I'f got a question about the cars in Sims 3:
They say that you don't have to load to go somewhere in you neigborhood, but how do they do that with the cars. Do you have to click on the ground to move the car? Or do you have to do it with the arrows, so that you can drive all by yourself? Or are they asking you the location of where you want to go, and then the computer or something will drive? I am pretty curious about how they are going to do that. Does anyone has a suggestionWink

-'BlondBimbo

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
16-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Here's what I'm guessing. There will be a neighborhood view and a lot view. Going to the NEighborhood view would not take a loading screen. In this view you click a lot and then you go back to lot view and your sim will travel to that lot. But thats just my guess
16-03-2008, 10:53 PM
[glow=red,2,300]i think seasons, pets, and free time ;D[/glow]

Siggy loading please wait...<br />____________________99%
16-03-2008, 11:13 PM
(16-03-2008 12:45 PM)jsmlw link Wrote:Here's what I'm guessing. There will be a neighborhood view and a lot view. Going to the NEighborhood view would not take a loading screen. In this view you click a lot and then you go back to lot view and your sim will travel to that lot. But thats just my guess
They make it pretty clear there are no "lots," at least technically in the magazine interviews. So if im on foot and Im at the grcery store and the clothing store is to blocks down the steet I can click and walk there as if it where all the same "lot". As far as cars go though I do thin you are right, and you will not actually control your car but merely tell it a destination via a pop up menu.
17-03-2008, 01:48 AM
I think that they should put ever single expansion into a single game, Sims 3, and then they can just charge 200 dolalrs for it. I'd buy it. Would you?
18-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Um, no

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
18-03-2008, 05:09 AM
(17-03-2008 01:48 AM)larue1123 link Wrote:I think that they should put ever single expansion into a single game, Sims 3, and then they can just charge 200 dolalrs for it. I'd buy it. Would you?

A good portion of us don't have the money, love.

~The Great And Powerful Moz<br /><br />tons of info about The Sims 3.<br />http://www.sims3.com/the_sims_3/check_this_out-t976.0.html
18-03-2008, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2008 08:46 AM by Rena.)
(16-03-2008 12:41 PM)BlondBimbo link Wrote:I hope that Pets do come into the game. Because, they are cute Smile And, also you can give them a career also, and I really like that.

But, I'f got a question about the cars in Sims 3:
They say that you don't have to load to go somewhere in you neigborhood, but how do they do that with the cars. Do you have to click on the ground to move the car? Or do you have to do it with the arrows, so that you can drive all by yourself? Or are they asking you the location of where you want to go, and then the computer or something will drive? I am pretty curious about how they are going to do that. Does anyone has a suggestionWink

-'BlondBimbo

Probably for the Car Driving, the diamond will appear above the car and it will show the car drive around to get to the destination. Oh, I am curious too! But we gotta wait and be patient, which I am horrible at doing!

Edit: I just thought, a pop up may appear, and after you choose your destination, the pop up closes and you are there??