Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trait replacement, anyone?
08-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Trait replacement, anyone?
I know it's already too late for it but I was thinking of something: what if there would be a trait replacement system according to the life experience of a Sim?

For exemple if that Sim has the Evil trait and does something nasty so he goes the jail or causes the despise of all other sims and starts to think that what he does isn't a good idea at all. And he changes, like he's leaned an important life lesson, so his Evil trait will be replace with the Good or Kind trait.(wait, aren't these 2 all the same thing?) Like in real life, huh? 8)
These things will appear in a pop-up window saying that the Sim can't take it anymore and he would like to change. You can decide wether he changes or not, of course. Wink

The way you raise kids will influence their traits directly, so why shouldn't the adults traits be changed by destiny? We all learn till death after all. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Re: Trait replacement, anyone?
I like this idea!
Trait replacement would be awesome..
Also if you wanted to turn a good sim bad.. That would be cooool.  Tongue
09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
in life time rewards there is a reward called midlife crisis where you can change the traits so crisis can be averted.
09-01-2009, 02:50 PM
That's pretty neat! Some of our traits do change over time.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
10-01-2009, 11:04 PM
(09-01-2009 12:33 PM)venus link Wrote:in life time rewards there is a reward called midlife crisis where you can change the traits so crisis can be averted.

This is great then! Big Grin My idea was a bit different, but this is still cool.

What would happen if your sim goes through the crisis after all?

can't wait and see... {lol} Fights and arguments between hubbie and wife, teens running away from home because of it ... and such dramas. {rolleyes}
13-01-2009, 02:02 AM
I think they should do this for SOME traits. and it should be way more common for kids, teens and toddlers. those are the years when you pick up most of your personality.

And by some traits, I mean, Natural cook couldn't change, or be replaced could it? If they did this it should only be for the opposite traits. Smile

They should also keep mid-life crisis, so you can eventually take things into your own hands. Smile

Oh, and just to randomly add an OT question; Do you think you will only be able to buy certain rewards under certain conditions? I don't want my toddler having a mid-life crisis.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
13-01-2009, 11:30 AM
only the traits that they display on the sim in CAS.
oh is there a "calm" trait as opposed to "Hot-headed"? {blink}
15-01-2009, 03:30 PM
no, there is no calm trait( and who really wants a calm trait? everything would be so boring and everything would be calm shower, calm sleep , calm watching tv. it would be a dull trait to choose.)

and i should probally mention that to get the mid life crisis thing you have to have 100,000 reward points.
16-01-2009, 02:40 PM
{lol} I'd like to have a Sim like that. it would be so funny.
Some hot-headed would yell at him/her and they would be like "huuuuuuh? Whaaaaaat? Whaaaaaaateeeeeverrrr...." lol.

how else can you watch TV, other than calm? over-emotionals would hide under the couch if they see sumthing horrific?
17-01-2009, 06:43 AM
An evil person will always be an evil person deep down. It would be great if they could have a change of heart, and while they're happy and cheerful they witness someone doing an evil act (like taking candy from a baby) and they realize the thrill and get that sort of rush that they missed while being evil and then all of a sudden get influenced to be evil again.

It's like staying away from an addiction. Once you get just the slightest contact with it, you start to give in.  Big Grin

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]