Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with loading saved games from flash drive.
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Help with loading saved games from flash drive.
Hi Not sure if any of you remmeber that I brought a new PC last year for the sims 2 to run well.
I now have moved and finally got my PC up and running again as it has been at my mum's.

Been so lost without the sims.lol

I moved my saved games from my old pc to my flash drive and have tried to move them in to the ea games folder so I can have them back. Hasn't worked.

Am I doing something wrong  Sad
I have really missed my famillies and want to have them loaded back into the game.
I have got them still on the flash drive.

Can anyone help me please.

Many thanks

Smile and the world smiles with you<br />[Image: 1.png]
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Re: Help with loading saved games from flash drive.
All you need to do is replace the files on your computer with the ones on your flash drive. But what exactly isn't working? And what files did you save and are trying to move?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi thanks for your reply.

I moved the whole sims 2 folder from the old pc onto the flash drive well copied over, so on the old pc they are still there.
Then moved them from the flash drive into the Sims 2 ea games folder which was created after installing  all my EPs.

Do I need to install them into the game?
As I have left them where they are in the folder and then go in to the game.
The families are not there its like it was when I first got the game and EPs. Like new.

In the folder it contains the lots neighbourghoods everything really.
You say replace do I have to overwrite what was there after installing the game and EPs with my saved games folder?

Sorry I am no good when it comes to tech stuff. Wink

11-01-2009, 02:16 AM
It's alright that you're not good at the tech stuff. ^_^

Okay, the way I've done this in the past in install the game with all the eps and everything and then with in your old Sims 2 folder, copy over your neighborhoods folder and have it overwrite the new neighborhood folders that were created. You can also add your downloads if you had anything.

After doing that, all of your families *should* be there.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi
Will give that a go.
I had thought that it might of been the case after I installed the last pack on that just to over right them.

Well here goes.  {unsure}

11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Update spent all day on this and no luck now when I load the game its all gone only comes up with my downloads and no neighbourhoods.

So now gone back to make sure its all in the folders and now downloading patches.
Iys really weird as I did what you said copied everything from old into the new but didn't work.
so thought I would go back and do it folder by folder so all the game was in there.

now think may of confussed it all.
They are still there all the lots neighbourhoods thumbn and everything but not loading up when game play starts.
Think it maybe a case of install the whole lot and see what happens.

Wish I left alone and just started new families, oh well.

Not long till 3  {clap} {yes}

11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Did you replace them or just copy so now there are two sets?

Also, was it installed in the same place last time?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
What I did was copy and paste and then it cmae up saying do you want to copy and replace so I said yes.
I have put them in the same place as they were before.

They are in docs folder then EA games folder.
I had in there folder for lots,collections,music etc.

Just found I have two file folders of the same neighborhoods one.
Where you have a folder for each one mine come up as G001 N001,2,3,4.
So I have another folder there as the same.
So could be that casuing probs.

12-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Never have I heard of 'G'. Try cutting that one to your desktop and try again.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
12-01-2009, 05:13 AM
G001 comes with one of the EPs, I forget which one... Oh, its Deser-whatever Valley.

But this is very odd, everything should have worked when you did that... But go here: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1105148 and there is a section on how to restore backed up files, and hopefully it'll be of help.