Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Week of Sims 3 Camp
12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
The Week of Sims 3 Camp
I decided to create a forum regarding this week's camp, so if anyone gets any information we should all share it here. This is going to be a very interesting week indeed.  {clap} {clap} {clap}

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2009 07:44 PM by sims3luva22.)
Re: The Week of Sims 3 Camp
Here's a link from infinite sims about a guy who was invited. Stay Tuned everyone because he will be blogging the entire time he's there! {clap}

Check it out!

http://www.infinitesims.com/

[glow=red,2,300]BUT![/glow]

If you REALLY want the low down, check out this link to the sims recourse and get the blogs of the people that are actually there.

[glow=red,2,300]http://free.thesimsresource.com/blog[/glow]

Hey! They get to make plumpbob COOKIES and CUPCAKES?! {woot} {ohmy}

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
13-01-2009, 12:01 AM
thanks simmy, wow I cannot wait to see some pictures, vids, interviews or something fun.  {woot}

13-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Your welcome. In a few hours they should be posting before they turn in fir the night if they haven't already.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
13-01-2009, 02:28 AM
It sucks that while we are like far in the day, sometimes, their day is just beginning.

Like I live in Kansas.  When it's 3:00 here, it's 12:00 there.  12:00 is counted as still starting their day (kind of).  Like when it is 12:00 in my time, I would check the website for an update, then I would remind myself that their day is just beginning.  Bummer. {no}

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
13-01-2009, 02:48 AM
I know its been said already, but I'm so happy that CC is all within the game and is easy to make!!!!  Im gonna have so much fun with this game!
13-01-2009, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2009 09:11 AM by Scene23.)
One blog really peaked my interest, this is from the owner of unlimited sims, Brandon; and his experience at the Sims 3 Camp. Read Below:

I just got back from day 1 of The Sims 3 Creator’s Camp. We were shown demos of “Create-a-Sim,” “Create-a-Style,” the build and buy modes, and a brief into to movie making. We also played the game for a couple hours and created accounts on the new website. That’s all I’m allowed to write regarding that; however, our host allowed me to post the following facts.

The Sims 3 Overview:

You don’t need to use all five character trait slots.
One of the lifetime wishes was “Gold Digger.”
You can buy houses furnished or unfurnished.
You can set lifespans to range from 25–1,000 days.

Create-a-Sim:

Male Sims can wear makeup.
You can customize facial paint. Imagine giving the tiger pattern green strips.
Most of the catalog items and clothes were created in-game using the “Create-a-Style” tool.
There’s a “Create-a-Twin” tool in CAS that lets you make an identical twin of whatever Sim you apply it to.

Build and Buy Modes:

There’s a roof height slider.
There’s a button that paints / carpets the entire room (instead of holding Shift).
You can set the stair width.
You can set light colors and brightness levels (both indoor and out).
You can place objects against diagonal walls.
You can rotate floor tiles.
There is now a square terrain paint brush. Imagine using it to paint a sidewalk.
Plants spawn with different sizes.
Sims don’t need ladders to get in or out of the pool.
You can change the floor / walls of a pool.

Some traits give you special abilities. They can be useful to improve skills (Artistic and Athletic traits, for example) and to get special interactions (childish sims can play with toys. Mooch sims can ask for food...).
-Toddlers cannot visit the city alone, they must be carried by an adult (what about strollers?). Children can walk around the neighborhood alone.
-We can move working buildings to other places.
-All the Sims of the city evolve togheter, but if you want you can stop the aging or the story progression. In this way Sims that you don't control won't get married or evolve.
-You can change the lifespan. Here are the different settings:
*Short (25 sims days)
*Normal (95 sims days)
*Long (200 sims days)
*Epic (1000 sims days).
-We can set a different hair style for every clothing category.
-Accessories (gloves, socks, eyeglasses, bracelets, earrings, shoes...) can be customized with Create a Style tool.
-Elders have grey hairs by default, but we can change their colour if we want.

Remember, The Sims 3 is still in development. Things are subject to change.

13-01-2009, 10:40 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG!

That was too much to handle! I feel like I'm going to faint!

So much of that excited meSmile

- the create a twin (perfect for my Richardson family)
Movable buildings
No ladders(changing the height etc of pools which will be cool for making shallow ends for kids(and possibly toddlers) and makeshift connected jaccuzis!
OMG! The lifespans are amazing! It will b so easy to makes
Stories or move things along.

And EA listened to us on the universal aging! I just knew we could pause or stop things from happening while we weren't playing.
This made my morning!

13-01-2009, 10:45 AM
And I had some idea that different traits gave dif options but this takes the cake! You can have a very unique sim. Maybe a child who's a moocher is always asking for seconds and his thin sister can't stand him. And they can have a odd father who likes to wear drag lol.

I owe u a mega karma scene Wink

13-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I think they meant that when you set lifespans, you are chooing how long you want all sims to live, not each individual sim.  I wonder if we can only set the lifespan, like their whole life, or can we set how long each individual age last, although with a longer lifespan, the longer the ages last.

CA-Twin!!!  That's Awesome!!!

25 sim days seem kinda short for a lifespan...I may go with the 90 sim days, or the 200 sim days, depeding on how long the average sim day last.  Ben said that the average sim day was going to be longer and time would go by slower this time around.

Then MY GOODNESS!!!  1,000 days!!!!  That is freaking epic!  I wouldn't have the patience to wait that long!

If we break that between the six life stages, we are looking at 150 sim days for each age!!!  Or certain stages may be longer, if the toddler stage is set to always be the shortest.

And I love the fact that we can move buildings!!!  Like, in TS2, your small houses and your mansions were all mixed in and you live next door to rich people.  This time, people can make and keep up having poorer n-hoods and richer n-hoods, which I would do.

Then I loved the Gold Digger thing!  I mean, you don't know how that would make good stories!!!  Like there are many stories about Gold Diggers, but this time, when people do make movies or do stories, they can really be a Gold Digger, and this also goes for the special interactions for each trait, like childish--playing with toys, inappropriate--able to be rude on purpose, etc.

Then I love the fact that we can buy houses furnished, for those times when I don't feel like furnishing a house.  I can just pick furnished and play the family, and worry about additional items then or later, then decorating.

It isn't really new information, I knew every thing, besides the aging part, CAT, and the Golddigging trait, but heck, that was enough to satisfy me, and I don't want to know a lot about the game anyways...I want it to be as much as a surprise to me, as it was to them.  And there is most likely gonna be news after today!!!

Well, it looks like this game is going right on schedule so far.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?