Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims vs The Sims 2
05-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Re: The Sims vs The Sims 2
(24-08-2008 01:46 AM)Julzz link Wrote:sims1 FTW.

i still play it ..

i love the magic expansion and magic land.

it makes me feel like when i was young

when my cousin brought the sims1 on the first day

True. Sims 1 has some little magic about it that Sims 2 nor Sims 3 nor Sims 365 will ever have. It always reminds me of when I was little too, the endless hours of fun I'd have playing Sims 1. Smile I played Sims 1 with NO cheats (except good old rosebud) and NO downloads or anything (I only downloaded families and towns from the Sims 1 exchange, I didn't know how to download anything else), and the needs go down so fast in Sims 1, I'm still at a loss of how I managed half the time..

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I picked the Sims 1 over sims 2 because of 2 reasons.

1. sims 1 could not only work fine on just about any computer even my old ones but i didnt need high end video card or prossesers to run the game.

2. I can edit an make items for sims an sim objects very easily for sims1 I can NOT do that for Sims2. It is Incredibly complicated. I am not a game designer but i can make simple changes to clothing an objects to make them funtion differently. change color or other things. But thats about it. in sim1. Sims2 No way. WAY too locked down. You cannot edit sims better.

For example. My favorite character is Renemon. Digimon. Do a google search. In The Sims she is one of my fav's. The way she moves the way she runs is so cool. No matter how many times i see it. Sim2 Tried to make one. The character just does not look like her. Not cool not fun. Nothing. This doent mean it cant be done. But right now i cant do it i dont know how. An learning the langage is hard in programing. I cant do it.

My vote goes to Sims1 easy to use. easy to update. There are 2 consistant things WRONG with both. If you put the files in the wrong place the game crashes. if you dont know where you put them. You have to completely reinstall the whole game all over again. We need another Sims2FileCop. To fix these issues. Move files to there proper location. Again im not a programer.
26-10-2008, 10:38 PM
i loved ts1 better it was great iwanna play it with ts2 graphics it was way better

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

14-11-2008, 01:45 PM
That's a hard one but I'll have to say The Sims cause that's the game I fell in love with first {wub}
16-11-2008, 06:19 PM
I liked the origanal sims and the expansion packs, to their easy use of making own walls, etc and also playing on many of expansion packs, like the one with old town and pets and expecially makin magic, i loved the ridesm and the beanstalk, they were cool and my Pc managed to cope with them, where as sims 2, i liked it for the creativity but if I added the ither oacks to it, my computer would take ages to load. I think that if there was a simialr version to sims 2 but had low specs to run on Id play them as well as the origianl versions.
21-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I have only ever played The Sims, (and unleashed, on someone elses comp)so I can't comment, but there are several things that really annoy me about it. Primatily the length of time it takes my sims to accomplish the smallest task. Now, I am considering getting the newer sims, but I NEED to know that they fixed that annoying factor, before I do so. When it takes half an hour to pee.... and 2 hours to prepare scrambles eggs,(not to mention an hour to walk around the house so the kid misses the bus!!!!!) I get a tad irritated. {glare}
01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I like TS2 more because of "the generation game". I love how the children looks like their parents and alla that. But the sims was a great game to.

[Image: header-keite-70-tallcrimstory_50022103.jpg]
16-02-2009, 08:27 PM
I just bought Sims 2 for my Macbook, and I am disappointed. I loved the older versions better, and the regular Sims was WAY more fun than this one. I would totally sell my Sims 2 and get the regular Sims back if they made a mac compatible one.

Sims 1 for me.

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
17-02-2009, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2009 06:10 AM by justinL92.)
sims 2 me wasn't as fun as the sims. The game had better quality, most people say they like the Sims 2 because of the graphics. I got bored of sims 2 after a while only thing that kept me playing was the ep's. The Sims 2 could never be as good as the original. Hopefully sims 3 will live up to The Sims.imo
20-02-2009, 12:54 AM
I definitely prefer TS2 over TS1, but I did love TS1 a lot. Especially Making Magic Smile

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie