Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 Specifications.
20-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Sims 3 Specifications.
After reading the system specifications over at Infinite sims, I am wondering why EA don't add that we need an Internet connection on the computer that the game is to be installed on.
According to various sources around "All EA games after Spore will need to be Activated Online".
If this is correct, it needs to state this on the box (In large print). And to be added to the system specifications.
What do you guys think?
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Re: Sims 3 Specifications.
Well, you don't necessarily have to activate it I don't think.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
20-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I think they mean register.  I dont register my games though, to lazy lol
20-01-2009, 03:49 AM
yeah, you don't have to register, it's just more fun with TS3, caus ethey'll probably be adding online features, so you can download CC and sims when you're in the game, like they did with spore.

It was useless to do it in the sims 2 really, apart from getting that stupid icon on your simpage.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
20-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Quoting a couple of members from the official Sims BBS, " I couldn't play Spore until I connected my computer to the internet". They state the game was not playable until they connected to the net. I don't have Spore so I don't know if this is correct or not.
20-01-2009, 11:47 PM
I have Spore and that's correct.  You have to log into a server in order to play the game...imagine a MMO, but it's not a freaking MMO.  It is a non-online game which you paid your money for.

Then if the internet or server's down, then too bad.

I wonder what would happen when about 5-10 years from now, they shut down Spore's servers, and those few people who still want to play Spore can't play it.  And they spent their money on a game that they thought they could play forever, as long as their disc worked.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
21-01-2009, 12:57 AM
I doubt they'll shut down spores servers. THey'd have to stop making spore at least a year before, so it's seems slightly fair.

But you can play spore offline. You just don't get any new creatures, or anything that requires the internet. It's basically YOUR game.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
21-01-2009, 03:16 AM
I imagine it being shut down someday...EA has a long list of game servers that had been shut down, and people have often complained.  I saw the list someplace...a few months ago.

I forgot that we could play Spore offline...but I was so tired of having to go through all that mess in order to play my game.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
21-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I never really thought about playing Spore, but to get off the subject of the Sims 3 for a lil bit, is that a good game? Because I read on other forums that that game is very boring and is didn't turn out to be what people thought it would be.

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
21-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I was personally very disappointed. I was wayyyy excited for it, and was reallyyyy happy when Chris bought it for me. But, I had issues with a lot of it. I HATE the space stage. There's always some planet who is my ally fighting with one of my other allies and both ask me for help. And then while I'm trying to do something my stupid planets are being robbed by pirates. UGHHHGfkkkkgh3rwkugt >.<
And though I know the point is to evolve I wish I could choose how long I could play each stage. Idk.

I wouldn't recommend it... That's just me.

My social life will cease to exist in June.