or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 2 D.D. - U.C.P. Issue!
20-01-2009, 04:51 AM
The Sims 2 D.D. - U.C.P. Issue!
Hey guys...please help me out here.

I have had a nights worth of issues to go through before I was even able to get through the game's load screen.

I have hiked through all those issues and now there's only ONE teeny tiny thing that is hindering me.

I have The Double Deluxe version of the game that includes Nightlife and Celebration stuff.

Problem: When I move a new created sim family into a house, The UCP (Universal Control Panel) is missing.

This is the blue section at the bottom of the screen with all the buttons...meters, etc.

It is not there, the sims interact and I can direct them by mouse but this problem comes along with not being able to use any hotkeys...in fact the keyboard is totally non-responsive with the new family...not even the arrow keys work to move the screen.

Why is this happening and HOW can I fix it, please help if you know because I've spent a good 7 hours on my computer just trying to get the game to start and when I think I'm about to finally play the game, something like this happens...it is extremely saddening Sad Wacko

Josh...
20-01-2009, 05:10 AM
Re: The Sims 2 D.D. - U.C.P. Issue!
Do you have the latest patch?

Is your computer up to date (drivers)?

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
21-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Yes Yes and Yes

This problem is beyond those general problems.

Its simply a problem within the game because this only occurs when I move a NEW sim into a NEW house.

If I combine my created sim with another family (monty, capp, goth, etc.) It works perfectly.

Josh...
21-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Try to uninstall and then reinstall. Perhaps a corrupted or missing file.

21-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Tried that already, all I'm looking for is someone with the same problem

Josh...
21-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry, but all I am trying to do is give you some basic tips that might fix the problem.

21-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Did you try a different keyboard?
22-01-2009, 03:48 AM
I got it working...I have to make a sim, save it, exit out of the game, start it back up, then move the new sim into a new lot...its the weirdest thing

Thanks for trying to help with all your 3rd grader iq level techniques though. I'm not going to come back to this forum again, you people are just idiots. lol . wow  {lol} >:-( {ohmy} {woot} {wacko} {yawn}

Josh...
22-01-2009, 03:59 AM
(22-01-2009 03:48 AM)Josh88p link Wrote:I got it working...I have to make a sim, save it, exit out of the game, start it back up, then move the new sim into a new lot...its the weirdest thing

Thanks for trying to help with all your 3rd grader iq level techniques though. I'm not going to come back to this forum again, you people are just idiots. lol . wow  {lol} >:-( {ohmy} {woot} {wacko} {yawn}
Thanks, because that is real mature and shows your maturity level.

Not sure you will be wanted around here either.

22-01-2009, 04:33 AM
(22-01-2009 03:48 AM)Josh88p link Wrote:I got it working...I have to make a sim, save it, exit out of the game, start it back up, then move the new sim into a new lot...its the weirdest thing

That last comment there was really unnecessary, in my opinion, I'd prefer if you didn't come back to this forum. Thanks.
Thread Closed