Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is The Sims 3 Delaying?
21-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Re: Is The Sims 3 Delaying?
I really doubt that it'll be delayed, for all those reasons everyone here have already said, even if it's full of bugs and glitches. That's what patches are for, all flaws won't be found in time. And seriously, as long as it won't mess up my computer I don't really mind a few bugs. I've endured them in several games so far, for TS3 I'm willing to go through even more of them  Big Grin

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
21-01-2009, 11:37 PM
as said above, unless EA says something to confirm this, I doubt this is true. 

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
21-01-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't mind having a few glitches in my game, as long as they wont ruin my experience. As far as i'm concerned, if people have been playing the game without losing a lot of stuff, it's a game. Besides, they've already released the pre-order codes, and they have to be clamed by the end of february, I think.

Plus, they can just release patches. they cannot delay the game 1 month from release, it wont be fair on the game stores who expect it to be out on the 20th, and they shouldn't delay it when you're able to pre-order it anywhere.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
22-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey guys-

I wrote a news post about this on SimsFans.

Go check it out!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
22-01-2009, 12:47 AM
For some reason I always thought that the February date was too soon, but I never really cared about that. When they started releasing images from the game, I changed my mind as the main part of the game was done BUT the creator's camp (which sounded to me like a big Beta-testing party, like an early movie screening) raised my doubts again.

Nowadays delaying games/movies/albums/etc is not unusual, so I would not be surprised. I just hoped they would respect the fans.
I'd rather have no release date than getting all pumped up for it to be delayed.

If it's delayed, I'll be seriously disappointed. Surprised? Not really.

But I agree, it's a rumour (although it's definitely not the first time I hear it), so I hope they are all wrong and we will be getting the game soon.

If they do indeed delay it, I would expect a June date, it sounds like the most appropriate, if you think about it.
22-01-2009, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2009 01:02 AM by Scene23.)
If they do delay it. I'll get over it, I mean there are other games for the consoles coming out that will occupy my time so I'm not going to fret to much.

They did the same thing with The Sims 2. Sims 2 was suppose to come out in March of 2004 and then they pushed it back to September 04 because they felt it needed more work. Just like Sara said, things get delayed all the time for a specific reason. Movies are different because its not like they are going to lose people's interest by pushing it to another release date, unless it is a big huge movie like Spiderman or something.

I too was skeptical about Feb. 20th release date, months back - but I think the Creator's Camp was a way for the EA team to get fans feedbacks on how it is so that way they can fix anything that they might have encountered in the gameplay, so they can re-correct it before they release it. But I called Gamestop and as well another game store, and they said they haven't heard of any delays, and Feb. 20-21st is still on, not to mention one clerk said its highly unlikely because its 2 close to the release date Big Grin

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
22-01-2009, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't believe anything unless it's word from EA.  

I would be disappointed, but I'd get used to it if it was delayed...a longer time to wait. 

If they are gonna delay it, I wish that they would go ahead and say it.  There's nothing more disappointing than EA announcing it being delayed like 15-20 days before release.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
22-01-2009, 02:55 AM
agreed, 15-20 days before release I will be soooo excited that I truly would be devastated if they pushed it back but that would only last a couple days...then I would continue to wait.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
22-01-2009, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2009 07:05 AM by pablo247.)
Why do people swallow every tiny little hint of 'information' that turns up?

Who else came away from the Creators Camp with any of these views? Nobody. Everybody else raved about the game and loved the customisation features and none of them claim to have certain knowledge that the release is now delayed.

Until other reliable sources are saying the same, ignore it.
22-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Well, maybe EA asked them not to talk about it, if it is true.  I doubt it though
Thread Closed