Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is The Sims 3 Delaying?
22-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Re: Is The Sims 3 Delaying?
I think it was started to cause confusion too...and people are so easily swayed.  They need to hear from EA before they go into panic.

As the girl who said in and the other person in the conversation/forum--they aren't done hacking and making stuff for TS2.  They know once TS3 comes out, a huge chunk of people won't download their stuff anymore.  Plus, why listen to someone who don't want TS3?

Then as someone stated, they were playing on an old build of TS3 from November, so it is gonna be buggier.  If she don't work at EA, then don't listen to her.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
22-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Arg! if it's delayed it would be like Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince all over again!!  Sad

It is true that delaying movies and games isn't uncommon now, but I am going to dig my heels in and ignore this until EA comes out with a statement.

now i can worry about more important things...like Ninjas.
22-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I hope you're all right and it's just a rumour.
22-01-2009, 03:24 PM
It is just a rumor.  I typed in "Sims 3 delayed" into google, and there is no official news, only rumors from members of forums, because of that one girl...they all referred to what she said.

So what if she went to the camp...what does that mean?  Nothing. 

And she has that attitude like, "I'm not done hacking the game and making creations.  And I really don't want this game to come out right now.  I still am not finished with it."

Well, most of the community is ready to move on and is tired of TS2.  Most of us are willing to start over and not care about CC at this moment...we all know it's coming for TS3 soon.

This crap always happens when a game is about to come out.  But there's no official words...nothing from trusted gaming sites...from the editors saying that EA confirmed this or that.  The only news is coming from forums and they are all rumors.  When it comes down to the last 2 weeks before release, everyone should calm down, because hardly no game gets delayed then.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
22-01-2009, 05:44 PM
(22-01-2009 03:24 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:It is just a rumor.  I typed in "Sims 3 delayed" into google, and there is no official news, only rumors from members of forums, because of that one girl...they all referred to what she said.

So what if she went to the camp...what does that mean?  Nothing. 

And she has that attitude like, "I'm not done hacking the game and making creations.  And I really don't want this game to come out right now.  I still am not finished with it."

Well, most of the community is ready to move on and is tired of TS2.  Most of us are willing to start over and not care about CC at this moment...we all know it's coming for TS3 soon.

This crap always happens when a game is about to come out.  But there's no official words...nothing from trusted gaming sites...from the editors saying that EA confirmed this or that.  The only news is coming from forums and they are all rumors.  When it comes down to the last 2 weeks before release, everyone should calm down, because hardly no game gets delayed then.

i've never used custom content(i tried making it myself but i suck at it Tongue) so right now i'm really glad that i can do my own customizing in the sims 3.

the sims 3 being released should not be a restriction for someone to stop playing the sims 2 (there are going to be a lot of people who won't even get the game when it's released 'cause of their pc not being good enough or not being able to afford it), she'll still have plenty of customers.

my point is that rumours are just rumours, i was freaked out about it too (before i heard about this) 'cause all the stores i went to said that it was delayed but in like a week time, some of those stores and websites have already set the date back to 20th feb, and in europe even the 19th of february, so there is no reason to panic

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
22-01-2009, 06:01 PM
spreading rumors like that, just because you have CC to make for TS2 is selfish. {glare} I freaked out a bit as well, but I was expecting it to come here later than usual anyway.

And if the game is indeed 'buggy', they still have enough time to solve it, right? I bet they're on the final touches at the moment.  8)
22-01-2009, 06:10 PM
yah, they're working on the bugs, plus every game has some bugs in it when its released (wow still has a patch every now and then). its still a small month away, i'm sure everything is fine. EA hasn't said anything, most likely 'cause they're now working on changing the site for the release, so there can be a forum and stuff. plus in feb they'll put the info from the creators camp online. and if it does get delayed then yah i'll be a bit pissed off but then i'll get over it 'cause in the end i'm still getting the game, delayed or not...

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
22-01-2009, 06:31 PM
(22-01-2009 06:01 PM)earthgirl link Wrote:And if the game is indeed 'buggy', they still have enough time to solve it, right? I bet they're on the final touches at the moment.  8)
They can always release patches to fix the bugs, in case there are any left. I hope they don't find any major bug that takes a lot of time to fix.

@SuggieGlider: I had no idea she had that attitude! Wow. Thank you, I feel more relieved now.
22-01-2009, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2009 06:51 PM by Scene23.)
well that girl that created the rumor will look really stupid when it is released on Feb. 20th.  {lol}

maybe she started playing the Sims 2 for not as long as others so she doesn't want to let it go, but don't try to ruin other peoples joy for Sims 3 just because your not into it.  {rolleyes}

Then I thought if they would delay it, that would be a big slap in the face for the fans, cause all of us are ready for Feb. 20th, if the team doesn't know if there are ready to release it yet, then they only have two weeks left to announce it, because Feb is closely approaching.

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
22-01-2009, 07:43 PM
She practically said that right here:

"I for one don't want it to be out any time soon - I've got a ton of objects that all need updating for EP compliance, several hundred in all and I'm sure there must be other sites in a similar situation. It feels like we're barely finished with Sims 2 and then of course there's a load of web admin stuff on top of that!"

Well, a lot of people are done with TS2. 

Thread Closed