Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opinion on the graphics?
16-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Opinion on the graphics?
Hey Sims 3 community.
I've just looked through the pictures of Sims 3 on http://snootysims.com and I think they are horrible.
It seems like Sims 2 is so much better than Sims 3.
What's your opinion on the graphics?

--Cynthia :].<br />add me on myspace:<br />http://www.myspace.com/_ghangsturrr_
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Re: Opinion on the graphics?
I honestly don't like the graphics that much. I think they look too much like TS2 graphics, but maybe more screenshots can change our minds, we'll just have to wait and see.  Smile

Coming Soon...
16-03-2008, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2008 04:50 PM by Verno77.)
Are you kidding the graphics are great. Besides even if they are “bad” there’s 2 reasons for this…

1) magazine scans have low quality
2) The game shown is just a Beta (prototype)

Check out the living room in the page below. Notice the light coming into the room? Look at how the very bright light is isolated and how the lines in the window (I don't know what there called) create a shadow. Marvelous! Well if still don't like the graphics that's ok, but I wanted to make sure you saw this picture. I have to admit though, the first time I saw the pictures it looked a little consoleish, but when I saw this picture, wow.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/J...ts/012.jpg

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
16-03-2008, 04:49 PM
You know Verno77 you are quite right, because as I was typing I was thinking about the scanning as it would come out low. Maybe the graphics aren't that bad afterall but I still wanna see more screens so I can make my decision  Big Grin

Coming Soon...
16-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I agree completely with Verno. I think the graphics, for this stage in developement, are pretty good, and that they will definately improve with time.

I'm very impressed already with how the houses/lighting/world itself look. The sims... They look unfinished, but I see potential for them to look fabulous once completed.
16-03-2008, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2008 04:58 PM by Munsta.)
(16-03-2008 04:46 PM)Verno77 link Wrote:Are you kidding the graphics are great. Besides even if they are “bad” there’s 2 reasons for this…

1) magazine scans have low quality
2) The game shown is just a Beta (prototype)

Check out the living room in the page below. Notice the light coming into the room? Look at how the very bright light is isolated and how the lines in the window (I don't know what there called) create a shadow. Marvelous! Well if still don't like the graphics that's ok, but I wanted to make sure you saw this picture. I have to admit though, the first time I saw the pictures it looked a little consoleish, but when I saw this picture, wow.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/J...ts/012.jpg

Hmm, I haven't seen that one yet, how could I have missed that? Anyway, i'm convinced now, that living room screen is amazing and it really does show a difference from TS2 to TS3 now.

Coming Soon...
16-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Honestly, there's only one graphic I saw that bothered me.
That graphic was the sims themselves,
not the houses or buildings, etc.
But the sims they look like they had gone a totally different way from sims 2,
as if they aren't improving the sims 2 sims but making totally new ones.

--Cynthia :].<br />add me on myspace:<br />http://www.myspace.com/_ghangsturrr_
16-03-2008, 04:59 PM
(16-03-2008 04:57 PM)Cindromexo link Wrote:
Honestly, there's only one graphic I saw that bothered me.
That graphic was the sims themselves,
not the houses or buildings, etc.
But the sims they look like they had gone a totally different way from sims 2,
as if they aren't improving the sims 2 sims but making totally new ones.
That bothered me too  :-\ The sims do look "consoleish". In Sims 2 there was such an improvement from Sims 1, and if you put your graphics on really high then the Sims 2 sims look amazing! But in Sims 3 their faces look somewhat blurred  Sad
16-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure about the sims, I think they look quite good, but that's just my opinion!

Coming Soon...
16-03-2008, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2008 05:08 PM by Verno77.)
(16-03-2008 04:59 PM)simmy1smeeve link Wrote:That bothered me too  :-\ The sims do look "consoleish". In Sims 2 there was such an improvement from Sims 1, and if you put your graphics on really high then the Sims 2 sims look amazing! But in Sims 3 their faces look somewhat blurred  Sad

Ha, consoleish is my word!  >Sad  Wink
Anyways, the improvement was huge from Sims 1 to Sims 2. There was a horizon in the Sims 2 unlike the Sims 1. Also, the sims do look kind of odd. All of the lady’s cheeks look puffy.

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..