Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Three Words: Breakfast In Bed
06-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Three Words: Breakfast In Bed
Hello, community. I just found out about this forum, and I joined once I saw all the other great ideas that you were all coming up with for TS3. There are lots of things that I think should have been in TS2, like customizable hair colors, different heights, different voices, etc. And then there are little things that would just add a little more smile to the Sims. That said, I've got three words for you: breakfast in bed.

This is a feature that I have always wanted in TS2. Wouldn't that just be adorable beyond words? Say that your working Sim is sick on a Saturday, and they wake up to their little child Sim holding out a tray of slightly-burnt but full-of-love goodies. Or if your Sim just got married, then their new spouse would show their love and enthusiasm for the union by bringing their husband/wife pancakes (preferably heart-shaped) in the morning. Just thinking about it makes me get all Big Grin Big Grin.

Also, I think sickness should be stepped up a bit. I don't know about you, but I usually get sick one to three times a year. However, I've had some Sims go through life, from infancy all the way to death by old age, without getting sick once. I can understand why this was done; sick Sims usually couldn't do all that healthy Sims could, in terms of doing things quickly, at least, because they would have to stop and cough every once in a while, or they would have to go to the bathroom frequently if they had the flu. But I still got a little peeved that my Sims never got sick, even when they should have. For instance, some of my Sims have spent nearly all day outside in the snow/rain without any side effects. In Seasons, if your Sim got frozen, they would be perfectly all right once they thawed and got indoors. It didn't make any sense.

I think sickness should happen a little more often, and should perhaps be a little more serious in some cases (i.e. pneumonia is one sickness that you can get in TS2, and your Sim could actually die from it, but I never would have known that if it weren't for boolProp cheats). There's going to be a hospital, right? Maybe they would have to be hospitalized in some cases. Nothing like cancer or the like--we don't want to make it so real that it's depressing. But sicknesses that would make their friends and family worried (I love the idea of family and friends being able to visit sick/injured/pregnant Sims in the hospital), add a little drama, make the Sims a little less clean-cut. But I'd only want to deal with the repercussions of worse/more frequent sickness if EA also included new interactions with sick Sims, like "Make Soup For..." or "Put Blanket Over..."; just cute little things that you might do for a sick person in real life... like "Give Breakfast In Bed." Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Re: Three Words: Breakfast In Bed
  Hi eb im Lauren as you can see. oh yeah i think that the idea with the little child is absouletly adorable....!!! Wouldent that make a great sims movie,say for instance your child is riding his/her bike around the neighboorhood when they realize that there mom is sick in bed,so they ride really fast home and make her some lunch or breakest(what ev time it is)and he/she is so proud.....that would be so cute to watch...(but only if the children could cook!!!!) {woot}
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Re: Three Words: Breakfast In Bed
Hey! Welcome to the forums,I'm [removed] Wink And post alot!

Back on topic: That'd be nice Big Grin I think it would be cute how one day you can give the mom breakfast in bed,and it's like her birthday or something. Nice idea ^^