Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Laggy game
09-03-2009, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2009 05:08 AM by lcswoosh05.)
Re: Laggy game
I don't know if it has everything I need for The Sims 2. But I do know that back in 2002 my notebook was top of the line. Most notebooks back then didn't have wireless LAN but mine did. There are other features that my notebook has that most notebooks didn't have back in 2002. I basicaly got my notebook right when Windows XP came out. Most were still using Windows ME or 2000.

If my grapics card doesn't have the features I need is there anyway to make the game have less lags? Like would putting more ram help? I have been playing on 256mb for long time and I actualy forgot how it ran if I put 768mb but I think from what I remember it didn't change much but what do you guys think should I find my ram stick again and put it or would it not make a difference?

Also if my notebook was able to run on 1gig would that of helped alot more on the laggs?
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Is there anyone in here that has fixed the lag problem by adding more ram?
09-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Sorry for the delay in a response.

First off, T&L can be explained here. You see, by not having a T&L graphics card, you are requiring the processor to do what the graphics card would do, thus eliminating some of that speed that your processor had.

As for adding RAM. It may work, it may not. I doubt you are running your processor at full speed due to the amount of RAM you have. However, you need to keep in mind that the processor is the decides how many processes you can handle at a time. The RAM only can help to speed up the processor. With that said, you should be able to add more RAM to increase computer speed. Also, you need to take into account your motherboard.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
09-03-2009, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 12:43 AM by lcswoosh05.)
I did notice on that link you gave me someone said you can use 3DAnalyze to trick the programs to think it has T&L but I don't think that would help since I don't have it for real. But is there a way that I can update my video card or CPU? Like how do I upgrade notebooks CPUs and Video Cards? Or is the only option I have to make the PC run better for the game is adding more ram? Meaning there isn't anything I can do but to add more system ram. I do know that the video card ram will be 48mb instead of 32mb but do you think that would make a difference?

Thank you for helping me.
10-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Do you think that the 3DAnalyze program will really make a difference on The Sims 2? Meaning it will play it more smoother than now?
10-03-2009, 02:50 AM
To be honest, I really wouldn't be able to tell you about 3DAnalyze. I didn't read about it all. My thoughts are that it might work, but it isn't permanent.

As for updating the components, I would recommend starting with what you already have on hand (RAM I believe). Add this to the computer. See what it does. If it works, great. If not, then I would take the laptop to Best Buy and ask them what to do from there. Chances are it will be to update the graphics card or processor. Now, if you cannot replace this on your own, Best Buy should be able to, however, you will have to pay for it. By the time this is all paid for, it might just make sense to purchase a new laptop.

15-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Well I do also have the original Sims game and that plays perfectly fine there is NO lag at all. I' am impressed. But when I play The Sims 2 it is pretty laggy expecialy when people are around or if you are in a big lot. But is that normal that it gets more laggy on bigger lots of if there is more than 1 people in the game? Like example if I' am in the park it gets laggy.
15-03-2009, 02:24 PM
First off, it doesn't surprise me that you can play the original sims. The original sims game doesn't require as much as The Sims 2.

Secondly, yes, it will take more to run the game at a park than it will at a house.