Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transferring game files from a PC to a Mac: Can it be done?
12-03-2009, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2009 02:31 AM by BroadwayBeckons.)
Transferring game files from a PC to a Mac: Can it be done?
Hello all,

I bought The Sims: Complete Collection for PC about a year ago. I love it. Recently though, I have purchased a Mac and that is now my primary computer. Now, say I go out about buy the ported version of Complete Collection for Mac. Is it possible in any way to somehow transfer my game files from my PC-version game to my Mac version so I can continue playing the same family and the same house? I know this is asking a lot, and I doubt any of you know if it can be done. I just wanted to try, because I really prefer using my Mac as opposed to that clunky old PC collecting dust in the corner.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you!

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Re: Transfering game files from a PC to a Mac: Can it be done?
Well, I think I came up with a solution: copy the program files onto a DVD, then run Windows on my Mac (which is possible) and play it that way. I'm testing it now and I hope it works.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
14-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Have fun, that probably will work. You could always use a little 1GB stick thingy, if that will hold all of it. Then just drag it into the Sims folder.
BTW, how much did it cost? I was gonna go buy a disk of windows to put on my Mac, so I could run the old sims games, but that sounds like an easier solution.

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
15-03-2009, 12:13 AM
(14-03-2009 10:13 PM)ÅññÅ♫♥ link Wrote:Have fun, that probably will work. You could always use a little 1GB stick thingy, if that will hold all of it. Then just drag it into the Sims folder.
BTW, how much did it cost? I was gonna go buy a disk of windows to put on my Mac, so I could run the old sims games, but that sounds like an easier solution.

I tried that. The program files (about 3.3 GB) were to big for my 2 GB stick, so I had to burn it all onto a DVD. I haven't gotten Windows yet, (in fact I'm leaving right now to do so) so I don't know how much it will cost. However, on Amazon it is about $180 but if you do a Google search, a website turns up that sells it for $100.

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
16-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Re: Transferring game files from a PC to a Mac: Can it be done?
Well, I came up with a solution. I made it way more complicated then it had to be. This is my plan: buy a copy of Windows XP Home Edition and install it to my Mac using the built-in Boot Camp utility. Then, install Sims 1 whilst in Windows and take the data DVD I made of my saved files, copy it onto my computer, and replace the file (Program Files--> Maxis--> The Sims) where the game stores its info. I will try it as soon as Windows comes in the mail and report back!

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]