Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The forums too...strict? [Petition]
13-03-2009, 11:07 PM
The forums too...strict? [Petition]
EDIT: gonna make a document when i get 10 signs (;

No offence to ANYONE at all, but everything is getting too strict around here. I feel like i'm in school, like if we muck around and joke aswell, thread locked. We have retrictions, and we come on the computer to escape the crud in real life.

We want to have a little bit more freedom around the forums, and not be cut off from having fun when we have a good time [and maybe get a little bit off topic] when we talk to eachother. There's no point of coming online if it's just gonna be like work, or school, right? We come here to talk about life, random crud and sims, and we just want less restrictions.

< I totally agree with Matt's post on page 2. He makes a valid suggestion, and that's pretty much what we want to happen >

1. Rena
2. Chanel
3. Ahmed
4. Brad
5. Amber
6. [removed]
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Re: The forums too...strict? [Petition]
Sorry, but I have to agree.
You know what, my school is less strict than the forums.
Add my name.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
13-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I totally agree.
Add me.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
13-03-2009, 11:11 PM
First off, this belongs in the Website Feedback section.

Secondly, all that the moderators and myself are doing is following the rules.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
13-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't think the rules ell you to lock threads just because they're getting off topic

(Rena add me)

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
13-03-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree with Ahmed.
Why do you lock topics that seem stupid but are in the Off-Topic section?
Also, why do you lock every argument? You need to hear critique from members every once in a while, or else, the forums will always be the same.
Please, don't think I'm being 'mean'. This is the Website Feedback section, after all.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
13-03-2009, 11:15 PM
The whole point of a forum and the threads on the forum is to discuss things about that thread in that thread by staying on topic. We generally don't get strict if it is one or two posts, however, when it goes off topic and doesn't come back, then what would you like us to do?

And we don't lock every argument. We let them work out, but if we don't see it going anywhere, we need to do something about it. We want these forums to be as friendly as possible. Arguments aren't friendly. We try to refrain from locking threads as much as possible, but if it doesn't get back on topic, we have to do something to keep the site friendly and clean.

Edit: The thread about Scott has been unlocked. I reread it and as long as it gets back on topic, will remain open.

13-03-2009, 11:18 PM
True, but threads in the "Off topic" section are meant to be off topic.

13-03-2009, 11:19 PM
No, threads in the off topic section go there because they don't fit any other section. That doesn't mean every thread in that forum is meant to be about whatever comes to mind. Wink

13-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Bat. Now I understand your reasons for locking threads.
But my signature remains.