Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The forums too...strict? [Petition]
14-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Re: The forums too...strict? [Petition]
I agree with Matt

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2009, 01:20 AM
i agree with matt also but rena's got a point. Matt is very laid back in his ways and when something starts up, he asks US 'what's wrong and how should WE as a forum improve this?' but Bat goes saying 'You are doing [blank] wrong. Stop or i will lock, ban, etc.' Matt also treats us as people and not co-workers. i.e, the goodbye mikethread. matt says goodbye, take your time, you rock, we'll miss you, etc.' as opposed to 'you are an efficent worker in the team, etc.' I just like the laid-back style more. This is a VIDEO GAME FORUM, not a corporation. so keep it simple ;]

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
14-03-2009, 01:26 AM
I agree with Amber.
Matt is very laid back,and he gives positive feedback,and wants everyone to be friendly to one another. But he still does try to enforce the rules he just doesn't do it they way Bat does.[Ah no offense]
Everyone has their own style of doing things,but some people take it differently then intended.

14-03-2009, 01:40 AM
i typed that all on a wii

i am so effin proud of myself Big GrinD

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
14-03-2009, 02:58 AM
I don't mean to come across rudely or strictly if I do. In real life I am a very fun person to hang out with. I agree that Matt is very laid back. He does a great job. I told Mike that he will be missed? I don't understand what was wrong with what I said in that thread. I was treating Mike with respect. Maybe it wasn't a very personal good bye, but I don't get personal with people on the internet, it just isn't my style.

I guess what I would like to know is what would you like to see from us in the future? How would you like us to treat you? I think we let a lot slide around these forums that don't slide in other forums. Honestly, half of the stuff that is on this site wouldn't fly on most forums. We are all laid back compared to other video game sites. Sure, I enforce the rules a little more harshly than other moderators or administrators, but I'm just doing what I am supposed to.

So, I would like to apologize to anyone who has taken my moderating offensively. I will try to be more laid back in the future while still making sure that this site is a friendly place.

I always welcome suggestions, and you all should know that.

Thank you,
Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
14-03-2009, 03:22 AM
(14-03-2009 01:40 AM){ α m b e r } link Wrote:i typed that all on a wii

i am so effin proud of myself Big GrinD
Aha. LMAO. I want a WII

BOT:
Sign me on Rena.

14-03-2009, 03:56 AM
Matt, you always know how to fix problems Smile
What you said is what we're asking for. We don't want it to become adult themes around here, but we just need the rules to be a little bit less strict.

[ you may edit the 'b' word if you want, it won't bother me ]

By the way, I editted the first post. I added more of my opinion and peoples names.
14-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Rena, I did edit the "b" word because we do try to keep it age appropriate here.

Matt did have a very good idea.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
14-03-2009, 05:11 AM
I don't agree.  I think the forums are great, the Mods are a helluva lot nicer and less "lock happy" than the ones on most other forums.

I can totally understand where they are coming from and why they do the things they do. I can understand why you guys might feel they are being unfair, but they're just following the rules to help keep the forum as fun and friendly as can be.

Even if it's Off Topic, there are some threads that just don't belong. Ever. Period.  I can understand why you might feel they are too strict, and that you might want to see some changes, but keep in mind these aren't always possible :3

I think the Mods do a great job.  Even if some to tend to come off as a bit ... extreme, at times.  But, all we can do is express our concerns and go from there.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
14-03-2009, 05:07 PM
(14-03-2009 02:58 AM)Bat link Wrote:I don't mean to come across rudely or strictly if I do.

it doesn't matter.
you can have a pitbull and people think its evil, even though its sweet.
people are still NOT gonna like that pitbull, because it doesn't matter what it REALLY is,
it matters what it comes across as. No one's gonna go toward that pitbull, and no ones gonna
like someone who's too business-y.

[im not comparing you to a pitbull, lmao xD]