• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dragon Cave - The Official Thread
14-03-2009, 07:29 PM
[Image: NewerDragonBanner.png]

Part I

Hello, everyone!

Since this thread has evolved so much since it's initial posting, I've decided to give the Introduction Page a much needed overhaul!  I will be including the FAQ that WitchieBunny has been working on (which can be found in it's original posting home on page 3) as well as all the links to other SF members' scrolls.

Here are current SF Members' Scrolls
Anna  (xAnnax)    •    Brad  (B-Rad)    •    Earth Girl  (earthgirl)    •    Imdyinginside  (imdyinginside)
Jen  (Majick)    •    Lilia  (lilia2055)    •    Nova    (-NOVA-)    •    Vera_Trelawney  (Vera_Trelawney)

[font=Times New Roman][size=12pt]A FAQ for the new Dragcave Player

[font=Times New Roman]Q: What is Dragcave?
A: Dragcave is a fun site where you adopt, raise, and breed dragons.  It's a virtual pet site, and works on a ration of clicks/unique views/views to help your dragons grow.

Q: Well, what are clicks, unique views, and views?
A: A click is just that-when someone clicks on a picture of your egg/hatchling/dragon and heads over to the page.  A view is how many times the image of your egg/hatchling/dragon is loaded up onto someone's computer. (i.e, if they were to refresh 10 times, that is 10 views).  A unique view is awarded only once per IP.

Q: Once per IP, you mean FOREVER?
A: Not really.  There's not been much clarification on this, but it seems to be once every seven days instead of once forever for the life of the dragon, which makes sense as it can take, at its longest, seven days for an egg to hatch and then another seven days for it to grow up into an adult dragon.

Q: So what's a dragon's lifecycle anyway?
A: A Dragcave Dragon has three stages of their lifecycle: There's the egg, which then must hatch.  There's the hatchling, which then matures into a fully grown dragon.

Q: So, can eggs and hatchlings and dragons die?
A: Yes and no.  Eggs and hatchlings can, in fact, die.  An adult dragon can fend for itself, and does not die.  It can, however, be taken off of your scroll if not viewed at least once every 8 weeks, which is easy enough to do.

Eggs can die one of a few ways; they can die of what's called 'soft shell', they can be killed by their player or they can just run out of time.  Hatchlings also can die one of a few ways; through sickness, being killed or running out of time.

Soft shell and hatchling sickness are caused by abnormal conditions in the egg/hatchling.  There are two causes of disease:

* Having more clicks than unique views (type 1, quite uncommon)
    * Getting too many views/unique views/clicks in a short period of time. (type 2, much more common)

Removing the sickness is simply a matter of removing whatever conditions are causing it.  You can go into your options and select 'Hide'.  This is known as 'fogging'.  This will place your egg/hatchling behind a fog, keeping players from clicking on and viewing your egg/hatchling.  Keeping your egg/hatchling fogged for about 2 days usually does the trick.  You can then un-hide your egg/hatchling, and they should be healthy again.

Q: My hatchling is here!  But it has no wings/gender.  What gives?
A: A hatchling only gains wings and a gender when it's close to maturing into an adult. Prior to that, you see neither of these things.

Q: I've got four eggs/hatchlings and I want more, but the site won't let me pick up any more! Why?
A: You are what's known in the Dragcave community as "scroll locked", which means there is no more room on your scroll for new hatchlings or eggs.  As soon as you get at least four hatchlings or eggs, you are unable to pick up any more eggs or hatchlings until the egg/hatchling number less than four on your scroll.

Q: But, wait a second ... I looked at your scroll and you had like eight hatchlings! WTF?
A: I'm special like that. ^_^

Okay, I'm not.  I just know how to work the system.

As long as you have at least three hatchlings and three eggs, you are always free to pick up one more of either, and if you have four hatchlings and three eggs, the eggs will still hatch into hatchlings, even if you're otherwise scroll locked.  As for the unaccounted for 4th egg/hatchling, when you breed two dragons even if you have four hatchlings or four eggs, the game allows you to keep one egg from the clutch so you can have one egg you bred to end up at a total of four eggs, and four hatchlings and a potential of eight hatchlings on your scroll.

Beware, however, of breeding two dragons with more than 4 hatchlings or 4 eggs on your scroll. The egg(s) will be auto-abandoned upon breeding, with no input from you.

Q: So tell us about Breeding dragons!
A: Well you see, when a mommy dragon loves a daddy dragon...*smack!*...ow....

Alright, seriously.  At the most basic level, you need a male and female dragon to breed.  In order to breed two dragons, they both must be on your scroll.  You, unfortunately, cannot breed a dragon from your scroll with a friend's dragon.  To breed two dragons, you click on the "Action" link beside the dragon and then click on "Breed". Choose a dragon from the opposite s*x and click.

You'll know right away if you were successful, as you'll end up with either eggs, or nothing.

Q: Are there any ground rules for breeding dragons?
A: There are some.  Rare dragons cannot mate with other rare dragons.  Split dragons can only mate with other splits.  You can only attempt to breed two dragons once a week (every 7 days), and even if they don't produce an egg it still counts as an attempt.  You'll know if you're trying to breed two incompatible dragons because they "won't go near each other".  If you get a message saying "the two refuse to go near each other" then make a note of this somewhere; these two will never produce for you.  Where as dragons that just "don't show much interest" may still produce eggs later.

Q: I notice there's other options in the Actions tab, what are they for?
A: Well, the options in "Actions" vary depending on whether you have an egg, a hatchling or an adult, but they are, more or less, as follows:

Kill:You can choose to kill your egg, hatchling or Dragon.  If you kill your egg to make space, the killed egg will count towards your "egg count" for an entire day, and you'll have to wait as long to pick up another egg.  Plus, the killed egg will show on your scroll for two weeks.

Name: You can name your Hatchling or adult Dragon.  Be warned, you can only do this once, and once done it can't be undone.  It might be best to wait until the hatchling has gendered or even become an adult to name it - there's never "too late" to name your dragon, so take your time.  NOTE: Giving your dragon an inappropriate name will more than likely result in the death of your dragon at the hands of the moderators.

Describe: You can type a description for your adult dragon.  Descriptions are moderated, and again inappropriate submissions may result in a dead dragon.

Abandon: You can only do this with an egg or an unnamed hatchling.  Basically you leave it to be abandoned, and it appears on the Abandoned Page.

Freeze: You can do this with a hatchling; what it does is prevent the hatchling from growing into an adult and from then on you do not have to get it clicks to keep it alive past its 7 day time limit.

Hide: This places a "fog" around your hatchling or egg, preventing it from getting views.  Do this if you need to hide your dragon for any reason.

Breed: When a mommy dragon loves a ...okay, I'll stop now.

Q:  Hey, my Dragon has an extra option at the bottom.  And some are different from others.  What is this?
A: Recently, TJ (DC's creator and criminal mastermind has been implementing Breed Specific Actions - actions specific to a certain breed.  These are: Pink = Influence, Red = Incubate, Green = Earthquake, Vampire = Bite.  All of these actions, with the exception of Bite and Earthquake, can be done once a week (7 days).  Earthquake is once every two weeks (14 days) and Bite is only available once per month (30 days).

Q:  Do I have to feed my dragon?  What do Dragcave Dragons eat?
A: Hours of your life. x3 Seriously, you don't have to feed them.

Q: So what's the difference between an egg that says "Egg stolen" and one that says "Egg laid"?
A: An egg that has been "stolen" has been taken from the cave entrance on the front page. An egg that has "been laid" was bred by a Dragcave user.

Q: What's the difference?
A: Some people are very, very serious about breeding their dragons and having clean lines.  Some of them will be willing to drop rare dragons into your lap in exchange for caveborn dragons to keep the lines "pure".

Q: In other words, it only matters to people who take the game WAY too seriously?
A: Yep.

Q: I want to grab a caveborn egg, but I can't because the site says it's blocked by a huge pile of abandoned eggs.
A: It is, so to speak.  The site blocks off the cave entrance when there's 25 or more eggs sitting unclaimed on the Abandoned Page.  The only way to grab a caveborn directly from the site when this happens is to help clear out the Abandoned Page a bit by claiming an egg.

Q: I notice sometimes there's eggs going by fast on the front page, and other times there are no eggs at all. What's going on?
A: There is an hourly "egg drop" in which the site will randomly drop various eggs, three at a time.  Depending on the time of day, these can be gone within minutes or they can linger through the next hourly drop.  The drops happen every hour on the hour, and this is when there's the most people on the site.

Q: So why can I see the egg color on the Abandoned Page, but not on the front page?
A: The Abandoned page are full of eggs that were once claimed.  Eggs that are on the front page haven't been claimed, and so are hidden.

Q: So how do I find out what dragon is in what egg if I can't see them?
A: By the descriptions.  As a general rule, each dragon egg has its own description by which you can tell what type it is.  Some are easy to tell what they are "Wow, purple isn't a color of egg you expected to see" and some are a bit more difficult to figure out.  "This egg has some strange markings."

Q: Can I get a list of egg descriptions?
A: If you scroll down just slightly, I am currently working on a list of dragons.  This list gives you the eggs description text and an image of the egg.

Q: How about a list of dragon types?
A: See above.

Q: Why won't my Golds/Silvers breed?  They keep refusing each other!
A: Metallics (Gold/Silver Dragons) are a Rare dragon, and will never breed with others of their kind.  This is to help keep their population 'rare' and harder to obtain.  There was a time when you could breed Golds and Silvers together, however this has since been changed.

Other Helpful/Fun Links

Places you can Advertise/Talk about your babies -- Free to Join, Naturally!
LiveJournal Communities -- Currently Accepting Membership
The_Hatchery
dragonspam2
DragCave Love!
DC_Clickers - A Community by Majick!
Daily Dragon Fix

Emergancy Posting Community(ies) -- A.K.A "ERs"
Dragon Cave ER  (LJ ER Community)
Dragonnery
Jaemeia

Dragcave Fan Forums
Dragon Cave Official Forums
Dragon Breeders Cave
A Dragcave.net Fan Site
Pets Galore
Dragon Escape

Lets Help Out!
Vote DBC to the Top!

Click on 'Rate This Site'
Click on the [Image: 5S.jpg]
option
Do this daily to try and help bring DBC to the Top!

All right, then!  I am very excited to see my Eggs hatch and my Hatchlings grow up, and to see how my friends' Eggs/Hatchlings come out!  So go click and adopt, and advertise!  We can help each other out and have some fun in the process :3  If you'd like your Scroll added to the list at the top of the page, PM me with the direct Scroll Link, which will look like the example below --

http://dragcave.net/user/Majick

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Re: Dragon Cave - The Official Thread

S P O I L E R  A L E R T

2 - H E A D E D --- Female & Male
[size=8pt]Egg description: This egg is split down the middle into two colors.

[Image: 2-Headed-1.gif]
  [Image: 2-HeadedFemale.gif]
  [Image: 2-HeadedMale.gif]

A L B I N O
Egg description: You can see the baby dragon curled up inside this translucent egg.
[Image: Albino.gif]
  [Image: Albino-1.gif]

B A L L O O N
Egg description: This light egg is floating in the air.
[Image: Balloon.gif]
  [Image: Balloon-1.gif]

B L A C K --- Standard
Egg description: This egg has a faint green glow around it.
[Image: Black.gif]
  [Image: BlackFemaleStandard.gif]
  [Image: BlackMaleStandard.gif]

B L A C K --- Alt
Egg description: This egg has a faint green glow around it.
[Image: Black.gif]
  [Image: BlackAltFemale.gif]
  [Image: BlackAltMale.gif]

B L U N A --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg has colored speckles on it.
[Image: Bluna.gif]
  [Image: BlunaFemale.gif]
  [Image: BlunaMale.gif]

B R I G H T - B R E A S T E D  W Y V E R N --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is covered in speckles.
[Image: Bright-BreastedWyvern.gif]
  [Image: Bright-BreastedWyvernFemale.gif]
[Image: Bright-BreastedWyvernMale.gif]

B R I G H T  P I N K --- RETIRED
Egg description: It's bright. And pink.
[Image: BrightPink-1.gif]
  [Image: BrightPink.gif]

C A N O P Y --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is hidden by some leaves.
[Image: Canopy.gif]
  [Image: CanopyFemale.gif]
  [Image: CanopyMale.gif]

C H E E S E
Egg description: This egg is soft and smells uncannily like cheese.
[Image: Cheese.gif]
  [Image: Cheese-1.gif]

C H R I S T MA S
2 0 0 7
Egg description: This egg has festive colors and a holly leaf stuck to it.
[Image: Christmas07.png]
  [Image: Christmas07-1.png]

2 0 0 8
Egg description: This egg is covered with bright, festive stripes.
[Image: Christmas08.gif]
  [Image: Christmas08-1.gif]

2 0 0 9
Egg description: This egg fills you with holiday cheer.
[Image: Christmas09-1.gif]
  [Image: Christmas092-3-1.gif]
  [Image: Christmas091-3-1.gif]
  [Image: Christmas093-3-1.gif]

D A R K G R E E N --- Standard
Egg description: This egg is sitting in a patch of grass and small flowers even though there is no sun in the cave.
[Image: DarkGreen.gif]
  [Image: DarkGreenStandard.gif]

D A R K G R E E N --- Alt
Egg description: This egg is sitting in a patch of grass and small flowers even though there is no sun in the cave.
[Image: DarkGreen.gif]
  [Image: DarkGreenAlt.gif]

D A Y D R E A M --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is sitting on a cloud.
[Image: Daydream.gif]
  [Image: DaydreamFemale.gif]
  [Image: DaydreamMale.png]

D E E P  S E A
Egg description: This egg appears to be covered in scales.
[Image: DeepSea-1.gif]
  [Image: DeepSea.gif]

D O R S A L
Egg description: This egg has multiple bands of color on it.
[Image: DorsalPurple.gif]
  [Image: DorsalRed.gif]
  [Image: DorsalPurple-1.gif]
  [Image: DorsalRed-1.gif]

E L E C T R I C --- Female & Male
Egg description: Electric sparks dance across the surface of this egg.
[Image: Electric.gif]
  [Image: Electric-1.gif]
  [Image: ElectricMale.gif]

F R I L L --- RETIRED
Egg description: This egg has strange markings on it.
[Image: Frill.gif]
  [Image: Frill-1.gif]

G E O D E --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is heavy and rough, as if it were made out of rock.
[Image: Geode.gif]
  [Image: GeodeFemale.gif]
  [Image: GeodeMale.gif]

G O L D
Egg description: This egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking.
[Image: Gold.gif]
  [Image: Gold-1.gif]

G R A Y --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is surrounded by fog.
[Image: Gray.gif]
  [Image: GrayFemale.gif]
  [Image: GrayMale.gif]

G R E E N
Egg description: This egg is sitting in a pile of small pebbles.
BSA: Earthquake; effects all eggs on your scroll; there is a small chance your eggs may hatch early. they could also die, run away or not be effected at all.

[Image: Green.gif]
  [Image: Green-1.gif]

G U A R D I A N
Egg description: This egg is sitting in front of the others.
[Image: Guardian.gif]
  [Image: Guardian-1.gif]

G U A R D I A N S    o f  N A T U R E
Egg description: This egg glows mysteriously.
[Image: MYSTERY.gif]
  [Image: GuardiansofNature.gif]

H E L L F I R E  W Y V E R N --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg radiates the heat of a fell flame.
[Image: HellfireWyvern.gif]
  [Image: HellfireWyvernFemale.gif]
  [Image: HellfireWyvernMale.gif]

H O R S E
Egg description: This egg has strange markings.
[Image: Horse.gif]
  [Image: Horse-1.gif]

I C E
Egg description: This egg has icicles forming on it.
BSA: Summon; All of your Ice, Magma and Thunder dragons pull together to attempt to summon an egg to your scroll; must not be scroll locked and must have at least one of all three dragons.

[Image: Ice.gif]
  [Image: Ice-1.gif]

M A G I
Egg description: This egg has an orange aura radiating from it.
[Image: Magi.gif]
  [Image: Magi-1.gif]

M A G M A
Egg description: This egg is almost too hot to touch.
BSA: Summon; All of your Ice, Magma and Thunder dragons pull together to attempt to summon an egg to your scroll; must not be scroll locked and must have at least one of all three dragons.

[Image: Magma.gif]
  [Image: Magma-1.gif]

M I N T
Egg description: This egg is hidden behind the others, as if it is shy.
[Image: Mint.gif]
  [Image: Mint-1.gif]

N E B U L A --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg has a brilliant radiance coming off of it.
[Image: Nebula.gif]
  [Image: NebulaFemale.gif]
  [Image: NebulaMale.gif]

N E G L E C T E D --- Ungendered, Female & Male
Egg description: This egg looks sickly and untaken care of.
[Image: Neglected.gif]
  [Image: NeglectedAdultUngendered.gif]
  [Image: NeglectedAdultFemale.gif]
  [Image: NeglectedAdultMale.gif]

N E O T R O P I C A L --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg has strange yellow stripes.
[Image: Neotropical.gif]
  [Image: NeotropicalFemale.gif]
  [Image: NeotropicalMale.gif]

N O C T U R N E --- Day & Night
Egg description: This egg appears to be made of limestone.
[Image: Nocturnal.gif]
  [Image: NocturneDay.gif]
  [Image: NocturneNight.gif]

O C H R E D R A K E
[Image: Ochredrake.gif]
  [Image: Ochredrake-1.gif]

P A P E R
Egg description: This egg smells like the harvest.
[Image: Paper.gif]
  [Image: Paper-1.gif]

P I N K --- Female & Male
Egg description: It's bright. And pink.
BSA: Influence; Females can influence an egg to be female; males can influence an egg to be male --- does not work on hatchlings or eggs with less than 3 days.

[Image: Pink.gif]
  [Image: PinkFemale.gif]
  [Image: PinkMale.gif]

P U M P K I N
Egg description: This egg smells like the harvest.
[Image: Pumpkin.gif]
  [Image: Pumpkin-1.gif]

P U R P L E --- Female & Male
Egg description: Wow, purple isn't a color of egg you expected to see.
[Image: Purple.gif]
  [Image: PurpleFemale.gif]
  [Image: PurpleMale.gif]

P Y G M Y --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is so tiny you almost didn't see it.
[Image: Pygmy-1.gif]
  [Image: PygmyFemale.gif]
  [Image: PygmyMale.gif]

R E D
Egg description: This egg is rather warm.
BSA: Incubate; Reduces the time an egg has to hatch by one day.

[Image: Red.gif]
  [Image: Red-1.gif]
[/size]

14-03-2009, 07:54 PM

S P O I L E R  A L E R T    - - -  C O N T I N U E D

S E A S O N A L --- Female & Male
[size=8pt]Egg description: The markings on this egg match the weather outside.

[Image: SeasonalAutumn.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalSpring.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalSummer.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalWinter.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalAutumnFemale.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalAutumnMale.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalSpringFemale.gif]
[Image: SeasonalSpringMale.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalSummerFemale.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalSummerMale.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalWinterFemale.gif]
  [Image: SeasonalWinterMale.gif]

S I L V E R --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg gives off a beautiful glow
[Image: Silver.gif]
  [Image: SilverFemale.gif]
  [Image: SilverMale.gif]

S K Y W I N G
[Image: Skywing.gif]
  [Image: Skywing-1.gif]

S T O N E
Egg description: This egg is heavy and rough, as if it were made out of rock.
[Image: Stone.gif]
  [Image: Stone-1.gif]

S T R I P E D --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg has brightly colored markings on it.
[Image: StripedBlue.gif]
  [Image: StripedGreen.gif]
  [Image: StripedRed.gif]
  [Image: StripedWhite.gif]
  [Image: StripedBlueFemale.gif]
  [Image: StripedBlueMale.gif]
  [Image: StripedGreenFemale.gif]
  [Image: StripedGreenMale.gif]
  [Image: StripedRedFemale.gif]
  [Image: StripedRedMale.gif]
  [Image: StripedWhiteFemale.gif]
  [Image: StripedWhiteMale.gif]

S U N R I S E  /  S U N S E T --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is glowing as brightly as the sun.
[Image: SunriseSunset.gif]
  [Image: SunriseMale.gif]
  [Image: Sunrise.gif]
  [Image: Sunset.gif]
  [Image: SunsetFemale.gif]

S U N S O N G  A M P H I P T E R E --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg changes colors in the sunlight.
[Image: SunsongAmpithere.gif]
  [Image: SunsongAmphiptereFemale.png]
  [Image: SunsongAmphiptereMale.png]

T H U N D E R
Egg description: Whenever you go near this egg your hair stands on end.

[Image: Thunder-1.gif]
  [Image: Thunder-2.gif]

V A L E N T I N E
2 0 0 9
Egg description: This egg is speckled and very fragile
[Image: ValentinesDay2009.gif]
  [Image: Valentines09.gif]

2 0 1 0
Egg description: This egg looks delicate and sweet.
[Image: ValentinesDay2010.gif]
  [Image: Valentines10Standard.gif]
  [Image: Valentines10Alt.gif]
  [Image: Valentines10Alt2.gif]
  [Image: Valentines10Alt3.gif]

V A M P I R E --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg smells rotten and is stone cold.
BSA: Bite; vampires can bite an egg to turn it into another vampire. bite can result in the killing of the egg as well, the egg could also be auto-abandoned when turned.

[Image: Vampire.gif]
      [Image: VampireFemale.gif]
  [Image: VampireMale.gif]

W A T E R --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is sitting in a shallow puddle.
[Image: Water.gif]
  [Image: WaterFemale.gif]
  [Image: WaterMale.gif]

W A T E R H O R S E --- Female & Male
Egg description: This egg is slimy and blue.
[Image: Waterhorse.gif]
  [Image: WaterhorseFemale.gif]
  [Image: WaterhorseMale.gif]

W A T E R W A L K E R
Egg description: This egg seems to be floating on a puddle.
[Image: Waterwalker.gif]
  [Image: Waterwalker-1.gif]

W H I P T A I L
Egg description: This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch.
[Image: Whiptail.gif]
  [Image: Whiptail-1.gif]

W H I T E
Egg description: This egg has a very clean look. It's completely devoid of dirt and scratches.
[Image: White.gif]
  [Image: White-1.gif]

Z O M B I E
[Image: Zombie.gif]
[/size]

14-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I clicked them XD
14-03-2009, 08:02 PM
click!

I clicked them....

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
14-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Yay!

Thanks you guys :3

14-03-2009, 08:11 PM
No problem Smile  I want to see what the purple one looks like XD
14-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I know!  I can't wait :3  lol

14-03-2009, 08:25 PM
(14-03-2009 08:02 PM)Just Niall :3 link Wrote:click!

I clicked them....

Can I have my prize now? Tongue

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
14-03-2009, 09:49 PM
*gives him a doughnut*  :3  Mmmm, these are so yummy!