Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
April Fools joke, or not?
01-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Re: April Fools joke, or not?
Oh yeah, there's always something like this going on.

Thing is, whoever designs them constantly believes that the host system will be able to handle it, so the likelihood that this is going to succeed is pretty low.  Although, it only takes a few to get things going, so even if only a few singles get through, a lot of people are still going to be in trouble.

It's like a cold.  Come to school, sneeze.  Next thing you know, your entire class is out within a week with the same thing.  Same principle, I suppose.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2009, 02:53 AM
(01-04-2009 02:51 AM)Bambikins link Wrote:Just did some research of my own, and turns out you were right about at least one thing. They say that if you can access virus protection system sites, such as this one, you don't have the virus. (The link is to McAfee...don't worry, I'm not trying to bomb your computer. XD)

I'm able to access the website, guess I'm safe :3

See, that's why I keep myself to a certain set of websites and don't visit random sites unless I have a reason to.

01-04-2009, 02:57 AM
(01-04-2009 02:53 AM)MÅJIÇK link Wrote:[quote author=Bambikins link=topic=5523.msg197481#msg197481 date=1238550686]
Just did some research of my own, and turns out you were right about at least one thing. They say that if you can access virus protection system sites, such as this one, you don't have the virus. (The link is to McAfee...don't worry, I'm not trying to bomb your computer. XD)

I'm able to access the website, guess I'm safe :3

See, that's why I keep myself to a certain set of websites and don't visit random sites unless I have a reason to.
[/quote]

Yay! That's good. Smile It loaded fine for me, as well. So guess I'm set.

I try to do just that as much as possible. Plus I have this surf-shield and search-shield gizmo that checks sites to verify they're safe. I know it sounds lame, but honestly, hardly any sites come back with "80% safe" or more. So it helps me weed out any sites that may be harmful to my precious computer. XD

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
I have a lot of spyware on my computer, but that's about it.  And I clean that out pretty often so my computer is healthy and happy :3  lol

01-04-2009, 03:27 AM
It loaded for me, but it took a long time.  Big Grin
It is 1/4/09 here already. So I guess it won't be an April Fools Joke here if it activates tomorrow.
01-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Thing is it doesn't say where the Virus originates from, so it's hard to tell WHO'S April 1st they're going from.

01-04-2009, 03:32 AM
It took me a minute to realise you meant April 1st and not January 4th...silly me. XD

I was like... ??? Man, are you behind. Smile Can you tell I need sleep? XD

Good point, Majick.

01-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Here in Oz we do the date backwards, we like it that way.  Big Grin
01-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Actually, I use to write the date like that for a while, too. I went through this phase where I changed the way I did a lot of things. It was...weird. XD

But now that I know, I'll try to remember "Heather writes dates backwards". XD

01-04-2009, 03:47 AM
(01-04-2009 02:36 AM)Bat link Wrote:And I just thought about this, if it is set so all the computers that are infected will communicate with the "host" on April 1, won't the "host" overload and shut down? ???

This isn't just 30-year old guy living in his mom's apartment writing code. This is a group of professional hackers, code writers, etc. Believe me, they have the kind of power necessary to control these supposed Botnets.

And by the way, users of Macintosh computers are not affected in this case. This virus was built in affect only Windows machines. You Mac users are okay. {yes}

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]