Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can your computer run The Sims 3?
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Re: Can your computer run The Sims 3?
Woot, passed everything. XD

Thanks for finding that by the way, I was looking for that kind of thing for a while.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Apparently mines can run it...WOOP! x]

Coming Soon...
05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Meh, sorry to double post, but...check this out;

dateline= Wrote:Re: Sims 3 on System Requirements Lab!
By MaxoidDrea - Apr-03-09 10:00 AM GMT
The final system specs will be officially posted on TheSims3.com some time next week.

Does this mean that they will be doing the requirements AGAIN?!

Coming Soon...
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
OMG, what is this flub? First they say Feb, now they say June. Then they say one bunch of requirements, now they're saying another. What next, they're going to decide to re-release TS1 in a fancy package rather than TS3? {rolleyes} Would not be surprised...

05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
(05-04-2009 05:52 PM)Cassie ㋡ link Wrote:What next, they're going to decide to re-release TS1 in a fancy package rather than TS3? {rolleyes} Would not be surprised...

ROFL! That made me giggle so much! x] Karma for you my dear (:

Coming Soon...
05-04-2009, 08:22 PM
OMGOSH I FAILED :'( :'( :'(

my computer isn't even 2 years old!

it says my speed is too low.. I have 2.00Ghz
and it's Vista

and that my video card is too low....................

I was so excited
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2009 08:25 PM by serp3821.)
DONT WORRY ALISHA
MINE SAYS THE SAME {no}
EA lied, didn`t they say that the game would be able to run in old pc`s?
Whatever, nothing will stop me
I remember I had this old pc and I still could run TheSims2
So why not TheSims3? Tongue
05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
(05-04-2009 08:23 PM)serp3821 link Wrote:DONT WORRY ALISHA
MINE SAYS THE SAME {no}
EA lied, didn`t they say that the game would be able to run in old pc`s?
Whatever, nothing will stop me
I remember I had this old pc and I still could run TheSims2
So why not TheSims3? Tongue

I know! and I heard somewhere that if you could run sims 2 you should be able to run sims 3...
I'm so dissapointed! If it says it won't work that I'm pretty sure it won't work..
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I think the game will run good in our pc`s, except that in some occasions
the game will run slow, like in an activity or something.
But like I said, I played my Sims 2 in an old pc b4, why not TS3?
05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't worry too much you guys. For one thing, the specs might be changing anyway - this may mean they could be lower or higher, I can't say. But they did promise they could run on older computers and the specs wouldn't be all that more than TS2, so if you can run TS2 at a fair speed now then TS3 shouldn't me any slower, really, maybe a little slower.
And anyway, if there are things you didn't pass on and are worried about, is there anyway you can fix these? There's still plenty of time to get updates. I'm considering updating my computer, but as I passed the 'test', I'm thinking I'll wait for an EP before I update, as that's probably when I'll need it.

Alisha, you failed on the two things that I passed the lowest. All the other things I passed to the top bar, those two that you mentioned, I only passed by one bar more than the minimum, if that makes sense. And my computer is a Vista, so your situation is similar to mine except yours must be a little older/slower. I'm not a techwiz but surely it is possible to upgrade video cards right? I don't know how you do it or how expensive it is, but it's worth it at the end of the day, so you should probably look into that if you can. (:  

As for the speed thing... I have NO idea about anything to do with that, and if it can be updated or not. I think its has something to do with RAM, and I know that can be updated.
If it's not to do with RAM, and it can't be updated, I guess you're only option is to get a new computer. At the end of the day, it's worth it if you really want this game. But obviously it'll be expensive so you'll have to really think about it. =\

Good luck guys, and don't fret too much, you WILL get this game working. I'll research it and everything if I have to, I know what it feels like to get a game and be excited for it, and then be let down because your computer can't handle it. It happened to me with TS2. So I'll help anyone all I can if I have to. =P

EDIT: Just checked and I actually fully passed the speed, it's the processor I had lower marks with. Sowwie.