Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Miley made a NON ANNOYING song!
22-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Re: Miley made a NON ANNOYING song!
Honestly, I partially agree with Jen. As much as I feel I should dislike her, and as much as I want to trash talk her, I keep remembering one important detail: she's a teenager. Just because she's famous doesn't mean she gets to skip all the hardships and struggles that come with being a teenager. Those are some pretty rough years. Of COURSE she's going to make bad decisions, we all do. And when you're young, you make a LOT. Sure, maybe she should strive harder to set a slightly better example for her fans, considering the majority of them are really young, but you can't put too much pressure on her to act like she's a mature, grown adult. Because she's not. And she won't be for a while. So expect more controversies and such in years to come, and don't let it get to you too much.

I am, however, all for disliking her music. It's...well, not to my liking, to say the least.

I do think 'The Climb' is a good song, though. Has a really beautiful meaning behind it. No doubt she had someone else write it for her...that's easy to tell. Tongue

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Exactly.  And since she's in the spotlight, they're always going to make it seem worse than it actually is.  Sure, she's a celebrity child, her father was famous, but don't think she hasn't worked to get where she is.  Show business is NOT an easy business.  You have contracts that you have to adhere to, you have so many things that you have to do via the clauses that a lot of times it's unfair.  She's still a KID, and she's gotta do what her contracts and guardians tell her to do.

I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I have a lot of respect for the girl.  She could be doing much worse, so much worse.  She's made some mistakes, sure, but we all do.  And to hate someone as harshly as you guys do without actually knowing them is pretty damn petty, IMHO.  You can't truly put yourselves in their shoes, and be all "I'd never do that!" because if your contract says you gotta do it, then you gotta do it.  And you don't get to pick/choose what you have to do, it just DOESN'T work like that, despite what you may think.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
22-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Miley actually seems like she'd be a fun person to be around. She's crazy, that's for sure. But I think she really does have a good head on her shoulders. I think her background really helps with that. Sure, her dad may be famous, but she didn't grow up in LA. She grew up in the country, and her family was always very down-to-Earth. So as much as she messes up, she's still a good person. I think so, anyway.

And all these "controversies" are just nonsense. Of COURSE the media makes it seem worse than it is. Otherwise it just wouldn't be exciting. If they told it like it is, no one would care. It's a shame that so many people find entertainment in celebrities' personal lives...and a little sad, to be honest.

As far as her older boyfriend goes, I honestly don't see what's the big deal. My grandparents were born 10 years apart. My neighbors were born 15 years apart. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they "keep it cool", there's nothing wrong with it. Sure it SEEMS like it's wrong and whatnot, because she's still a teenager, but that five years won't matter when, say, she's 25 and he's 30. Not so problematic then, eh?

The pictures...well, anyone who posts pictures like that on their Myspace is just ASKING for trouble. I don't care if it was her private account, it's still on the internet. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, is safe on the internet. So...that was definitely a poor decision on her part. I don't completely understand why she feels the need to take those kind of pictures anyway, but there again, she's a teenager. Teenagers do stupid/crazy things. That's just life.

22-04-2009, 03:24 AM
(22-04-2009 03:20 AM)SHBambi link Wrote:And all these "controversies" are just nonsense. Of COURSE the media makes it seem worse than it is. Otherwise it just wouldn't be exciting. If they told it like it is, no one would care. It's a shame that so many people find entertainment in celebrities' personal lives...and a little sad, to be honest.

Are you turning your back on Michael Buckley? :'(

XD

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
22-04-2009, 03:27 AM
XD
Damn. Seems like everyone is ganging up on me. I admit she is a teen like mr and Jeremiah but when your in the spotlight for so long you ought to know better. Especially when your dad was a superstar.

22-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Oh, heavens no!! Just trying to see it from a different perspective, that's all.

Yes, that quote might make me a hypocrite, as I find myself guilty of it, too. I'm just saying it's sad, that's all.

22-04-2009, 03:29 AM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=5798.msg217711#msg217711 date=1240367246]
XD
Damn. Seems like everyone is ganging up on me. I admit she is a teen like mr and Jeremiah but when your in the spotlight for so long you ought to know better. Especially when your dad was a superstar.

Don't drag me into this. Tongue

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
22-04-2009, 03:33 AM
*drags*

22-04-2009, 03:34 AM
(22-04-2009 03:20 AM)SHBambi link Wrote:Miley actually seems like she'd be a fun person to be around. She's crazy, that's for sure. But I think she really does have a good head on her shoulders. I think her background really helps with that. Sure, her dad may be famous, but she didn't grow up in LA. She grew up in the country, and her family was always very down-to-Earth. So as much as she messes up, she's still a good person. I think so, anyway.

And all these "controversies" are just nonsense. Of COURSE the media makes it seem worse than it is. Otherwise it just wouldn't be exciting. If they told it like it is, no one would care. It's a shame that so many people find entertainment in celebrities' personal lives...and a little sad, to be honest.

As far as her older boyfriend goes, I honestly don't see what's the big deal. My grandparents were born 10 years apart. My neighbors were born 15 years apart. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they "keep it cool", there's nothing wrong with it. Sure it SEEMS like it's wrong and whatnot, because she's still a teenager, but that five years won't matter when, say, she's 25 and he's 30. Not so problematic then, eh?

The pictures...well, anyone who posts pictures like that on their Myspace is just ASKING for trouble. I don't care if it was her private account, it's still on the internet. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, is safe on the internet. So...that was definitely a poor decision on her part. I don't completely understand why she feels the need to take those kind of pictures anyway, but there again, she's a teenager. Teenagers do stupid/crazy things. That's just life.

Wow.  You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth :3

dateline= Wrote:link=topic=5798.msg217711#msg217711 date=1240367246]
XD

LOL.  Not trying to gang up on you hun.  Sorry if it feels like that!  *hugs*  Just giving my opinion is all :3  I know we all have them, and naturally it's okay to share them, I just don't want anyone to believe I'm saying these things in a negative manner, because I am not.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
22-04-2009, 03:36 AM
(22-04-2009 03:33 AM)SHBambi link Wrote:*drags*

Not fair. Tongue

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]