Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disappearing Sims!?
07-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Disappearing Sims!?
My Sims keep disappearing or leaving town or something. What is going on? I just leave them alone for a day or two and they are gone. This even happens to my toddlers and children. I recently had two sims who had twins.  One of the the twins just disappeared into nothing. I went to check on another house and she was gone. Before that I had a teenager who just up and vanished. At first I thought she died but she actually disappeared. Have this happened to anyone else so far cause this is getting aggravating.

Right now I'm thinking that the game is choosing who it wants in town or not. So I deleted some of the sims that's already there. Hopefully that work but what gives this game the right to choose who lives in my town!? {cursing}

I really hope its not because I'm playing on minimum requirements or I'm fresh out of luck.

Never settle for less!
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Re: Disappearing Sims!?
This should go here http://www.simsforums.net/technical_talk-b19.0/

also post your specs while your there , maybe i can help.

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
07-06-2009, 04:03 AM
This is why a lot of people do not like story progression it moves people out of the town it has nothing to do with your computer.
07-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Yea i've heard about this all arond the sims 3 official forums
sorry but i cant help you  {no} good luck! Smile

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
07-06-2009, 06:02 AM
WAIT... they actually will disappear because of the game picking on what they want to happen? that makes no sense and also i hate the face that when you open it you have to open one of the sims and cant just go to the neighborhood first like sims 2  {no}  {unsure}

I'M DANA AND I AM THE DRUMMER.<br />I LOVE THE SIMS Big Grin<br /><br />Illegal Download?<br />Not me!&nbsp; I'm waiting for TS3!
07-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Story progression can do things like  when the town overpopulates or you don't play them they make them disappear and it also can add random people to your inactive household. Also single people may have random children next time you play with no other parent.
07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
why would they do that? it makes no sense...  ???

I'M DANA AND I AM THE DRUMMER.<br />I LOVE THE SIMS Big Grin<br /><br />Illegal Download?<br />Not me!&nbsp; I'm waiting for TS3!
07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Idk its just something that story progression does to the town and turning it off is not working for some people at the moment hopefully ea will have a patch soon.
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey thanks that really helped out a lot but now this game is giving me yet another issue. Every time A family moves in the town the game moves another family. It mainly targets sim families I just made or ones I don't use as much. It even just targets one person in the household. Yet the game keeps moving in new families. You know how to stop that as well?

Never settle for less!
11-06-2009, 04:53 AM
yea, this problem is lame...i just spent the last 12 hours setting up my town the way i wanted it only to find sims that i created now gone.  story line is / has been off.