Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Logical Expansion Packs
15-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Logical Expansion Packs
First of all lets look back at previous expansion packs and see what they will/may be adding back:

The Sims 2:
University: Probably. Why? It is a big part of life and it is easy to do. Differences: Almost none, it would just be endless and you could easily visit your family.
Nightlife: Probably. Why? Also, easy expansion to do, would bring in a lot of gameplay. Differences: Almost none, except no introduction of cars, and maybe no dating "mini-game"
Open For Business: Probably. Why? A great source of gameplay. Differences: Hopefully it would be included with a different expansion pack. Also, hotels and malls are more of a possibality. Maybe included with Apartments or Nightlife.
Pets: Probably. Why? Has been in every Sims game so far as an expansion pack. Differences: More pets hopefully.
Seasons: Probably not. Why? Not a big feature, would be included with a different expansion pack.
Bon Voyage: Probably. Why? Same as pets. Differences: This one would be hard to do with the endless neighborhood, but if implemented correctly could possibly be one of the best expansion packs.
Free Time: Probably not. Why? It wasn't a huge gameplay and bits and peices may be included in other expansion packs.
Apartment Life: Probably. Why? It is a very common feature requested for. Differences: May be included with a different expansion pack instead of it's own game.

The Sims 1:
(Not including similar expansion packs: Hot Date, Vacation, and Unleashed)
Livin Large: Probably not. Why? no huge feature changes, The Sims Store has replaced this and SPs.
House Party: Probably not. Why? Included in the base game.
Superstar: 50/50. Why? It is a very commonly requested feature. However, it doesn't seem big enough to create it's own expansion pack. Also, with how jobs work in The Sims 3 it may be difficult.
Makin' Magic: Probably. Why? It was in both games and is a very common feature. Differences? Like The Sims 2 it will probably be included in another expansion pack.

My Wishlist:
Somewhere in here seasons should be added in, I'm not sure though...

Downtown:
Includes features from Nightlife and Open for Business and Apartment Life.

College Life:
Almost exact copy from University.

Vacation:
You can go on cruises, living in the wilderness, in a hotel, or on a beach. I'm not sure if you should be able to interact with the full neighborhood though, because you are on Vacation a break from home.

Pets:
Similar to The Sims 2 but with more pets (reptiles, birds, and fish) and more fun pet shows.

Creatures:
Includes Makin' Magic where you can create your own spells and become a witch. Also, this would be a big expansion for new creatures such as the plant sim, zombie, vampire, ect...

These are my basic ideas, I can't think of anything else that would be a huge feature to be added. Maybe one more expansion similar to Freetime that would add a few small features like weather.

Just remember, be realistic with the expansion packs, even though they do want to make the customers happy, they are also in it for the money. We'll see what happens.

Believe nothing no matter where you read it or who has said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddah<br /><br />(My Avatar) ==&gt; http://i29.tinypic.com/1zx6ttt.jpg<br /><br />[right][size=5pt]Cranberry Sauce[/size][/right]
Quote this message in a reply