Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Playing music in the background
18-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Playing music in the background
Hi all,

I am planning to use the Sims 1 for my Uni research project. Before I spend my money to buy the game, I want to make sure whether it is possible for me to play sound files in the background (either using a web browser or iTunes) while the Sims 1 is being played in full screen mode?

Thanks,
Toby
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Re: Playing music in the background
First of all, this is the wrong section to post this. Second, I don't think it is possible, unless if you have windowed mode (which I don't know if its possible for TS1, it might be, I just never tried it lol) you won't be able to hear anything in the background. But I believe you can add your own music into the music files for TS1 and play it over the sims' stereos.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
18-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Hey Phoebe,
Thank you for your answer. Sorry I didn't know where to put the question :-)

I used to play the Sims1 years ago, I was so addicted to it that I completely stop playing with my cat. I still remembered how the cat used to wait at my feet looking at me while I was deeply emerged in the Sims 1 experience, and I ignored her. Then the cat got sick, so I stopped playing and never played ever since.

I'm wondering if anybody can help me to try to play some music in the background (using iTunes) while the SIMS 1 is in window mode (or in full mode). I have tried to find students in the Uni who have the Sims1 but to no avail.

Your help is much appreciated,
Toby
19-06-2009, 03:57 AM
It's okay Wink We all make mistakes!

Unfortunately, I don't have TS1 currently installed, so I can't tell you how to put it in windowed mode or anything, but I just did a search on google and found this thread at TSR which tells you how to put the game in windowed mode. If you do this, the game won't take over the entire mode so then you can play your music in the background Smile

Oh, and I'm sorry about your cat. Sometimes things like that just happen :/

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
30-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty sure you are able to play sound in the background, while the game is running.. You're able to run multiple programs at a time on a computer, so why would playing The Sims override iTunes, or another media player? Logically, you should be able to hear the music/sounds you play outside of The Sims, as well as the music from the game itself.

Just thought I'd throw this in, but my sister always plays iTunes when she plays The Sims 2, [and mutes the sound from TS2], and she hears the music from iTunes clearly. I know that The Sims 2 isn't the same as The Sims, but going by this, it should work with The Sims as well.

Lastly, windowed mode wouldn't make a difference. Playing your game in windowed mode simply allows you to change programs easily. You can exit The Sims by pressing Alt + Esc, or a number of other shortcuts. It should not affect the sound in the background; The only thing that will be affected is the sound from the game, which will stop when you minimize the game.