Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Counters not connecting at corners
22-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Counters not connecting at corners
Hi,

I can't get counters to connect at corners. Here's an example of what I mean.
I replaced the original stove with a new one and can't get the counter to connect to it. It was there when I moved into the house, but something seems bugged when I try to do it by myself.
I tried to put the kitchen back together in different orders, like microwave last, stove first, etc., it wouldn't work.

Is this a known problem and is there maybe a solution to it?
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Re: Counters not connecting at corners
Heh, that's odd. I honestly thought that a stove couldn't connect to corners, I've always put it at the ends because I thought they couldn't connect.

Coming Soon...
22-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Why shouldn't it? That's the most basic thing in my opinion.
I'm quite sure that this worked in Sims 2 and maybe even Sims 1.
Just check out the premade houses, there are stoves that connect to corners.
22-06-2009, 06:12 PM
In TS3, stoves (I'm pretty sure) can connect to counters on corners, so, maybe if you removed the toaster oven, or microwave oven, and re-placed the counter and stove, it might work?
22-06-2009, 06:23 PM
As I said I already tried all that to no avail.
It would be interesting if it's only me with this bug or if others can reproduce it. Shouldn't be hard to test, just try to put a stove next to a corner, like in the picture.
22-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Mine connects to the stove... you sure its a counter on not a island-whatchamacallit

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
22-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Have you tried putting the grid on for the inside and making sure they all are one the whole squares and not like half on one square and half on another? By the looks of it, it looks like everything's right, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
23-06-2009, 01:01 AM
(22-06-2009 05:02 PM)Chiba link Wrote:Hi,

I can't get counters to connect at corners. Here's an example of what I mean.
I replaced the original stove with a new one and can't get the counter to connect to it. It was there when I moved into the house, but something seems bugged when I try to do it by myself.
I tried to put the kitchen back together in different orders, like microwave last, stove first, etc., it wouldn't work.

Is this a known problem and is there maybe a solution to it?

I think I may know a solution. Instead of putting the last counter (the one the stove won't connect to) facing the stove, turn it so it would face the other counter, and it should attach to the other counter and attach to the stove as well.  hope I explained that well. lol  If that doesn't work, I hope you figure it out!
24-06-2009, 09:50 AM
(23-06-2009 01:01 AM)GameGirl link Wrote:I think I may know a solution. Instead of putting the last counter (the one the stove won't connect to) facing the stove, turn it so it would face the other counter, and it should attach to the other counter and attach to the stove as well.  hope I explained that well. lol  If that doesn't work, I hope you figure it out!

I understand what you mean, but that didn't work either. Counters connect to each other perfectly well, but not to stoves it seems. Sad
25-06-2009, 02:45 AM
when I get home i'm going to see if that happends to me. thats sooo strange.  If i can come up with another idea, i'll let you know.  Smile

Did you try different counters? or maybe a different stove? or does it happend with all of them?  ???