Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 3: University?
03-07-2009, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2009 09:35 PM by Plupp.)
The Sims 3: University?
I would really like to see a University pack for The Sims 2.

Problems with The Sims 2: University, and solutions for TS3:

P: University time too long.
S: Divide university into two levels - undergraduate and graduate. The player can then choose what level their Sims should pursue.

P: Students are too dependent on their home lots.
S: Problem will be solved by the seamless neighborhood of TS3, and bicycles.

P: Gameplay is lamed down, compared to real-world college life - maybe to appease a family audience.
S: The Kleptomaniacs, Daredevils, Insanes and Party Animals of TS3 would make the campus really exciting.

P: University has limited effect past graduation.
S: Let campuses be open for non-students. Secret societies too!

P: Teens who go to University miss their big coming-of-age-day!
S: In The Sims 3, they should wait until they are Young Adults, and then go to university.

I would also like to see these additions:

* Careers which are relevant to academic life, such as Education, Law and Engineering.
* Aliens and abductions. (Hey, we didn't get them in the core game!)
* Orientation Day: Powerful social interactions during the first day of each grade. Automatic party in the evening.
* Sports equipment: Give us the soccer goals, the basketball hoops and the sandbags!
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Re: The Sims 3: University?
I like these idea's for an EP like this. The ideas actually original, and I like how you compared what TS2 was like and what it should be like in TS3.

Not too keen on the Aliens, but the Orientation Day sounds like a blast. I would love to see these ideas in TS3, but I think University was one of the least popular EP's and I'm not sure EA wants to suffer by bringing out an EP that hardly anyone liked for TS2.

Nonetheless, they are great ideas.

Coming Soon...
03-07-2009, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2009 09:52 PM by Plupp.)
I agree that University was one of the weakest Sims 2 expansions. But as I wrote, that was mainly because of the limitations of the Sims 2 engine.

It would be a pity if this would made EA cancel Sims 3: University.

The most obvious improvement would be a name change which puts less focus on University, and more focus on the opportunities - let's say Sims 3: Ph. D.
07-07-2009, 05:31 AM
I love your ideas. Orientation day sounds fabulous!

Oh, and no more random mascots barging into your house, please. -.-
07-07-2009, 08:47 AM
the first Ep is about work and career, and when you think about it university is related to that  {ohmy}
let's hope EA thinks about implenting university + other stuff (such as your ideas)  Wink

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
08-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Your solutions for amending the weaker parts of the expansion pack are quite good. :3 I actually liked the TS2 version of University, so I can't say that I'd be happy to see any of the changes happen. Well, the only thing I really couldn't stand was how long it took to graduate, so I guess I'd be happy to see that change. :3
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
(08-07-2009 04:28 AM)maragikat link Wrote:Your solutions for amending the weaker parts of the expansion pack are quite good. :3 I actually liked the TS2 version of University, so I can't say that I'd be happy to see any of the changes happen. Well, the only thing I really couldn't stand was how long it took to graduate, so I guess I'd be happy to see that change. :3
I don't think the length would be an issue if we have more fun at university time would fly by just like at school when you have fun

08-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Maybe so, but I was referring to The Sims 2, and I still think that the time spent there was unnecessarily long. The way it was divided reminded me more of high school than university, also.
13-08-2009, 05:55 AM
(08-07-2009 06:56 PM)maragikat link Wrote:Maybe so, but I was referring to The Sims 2, and I still think that the time spent there was unnecessarily long. The way it was divided reminded me more of high school than university, also.
I was also referring to the sims 2... Like if you weren't to get bored in university (at least not 9/10 of the time) length wouldn't be an issue I was just showing a similie to compare with

12-02-2010, 01:20 AM
those ideas are great! what about uni girls getting pregnant? some1 mentioned this in another post about a mommy and me stuff where u can have the option of putting the baby up for adoption, so if a girl got pregnant in uni she can have the option of putting the baby up for adoption, giving it to another family, droping out of uni to raise the baby, or give the baby to her family until she graduates. or at least something like that. what do u think? i know it may interfere with sims life and all, but these things happen in RL so why not?