Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 Jagged lines even when max settings + AA
07-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Re: Sims 3 Jagged lines even when max settings + AA
(07-07-2009 08:55 AM)Gamer1291 link Wrote:[quote author=Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link=topic=6778.msg255556#msg255556 date=1246952686]
maybe your graphics card just can't handle it (Try nvidia?)

There no way for that to happen dude this is the latest ati card how can it not play sims 3 at max while it can play farcry 2,crysis at max its not graphic card problem its just a bug in game or something anyway i think i figured it out the jagged lines only apper in create a sim but after i get into the game that is move my family inside a house and start playing all the jagged edges became smooth and no curves at all well i think it was becoz of vsync or something else any way thanx for helping but there is no way my graphic card is bad i love my graphic card its the latest and the best in ati
[/quote]
yea EA does get picky with Graphic cards  {blink} but i do too have a problem in CAS where the mirror behind the sim doesn't show the bottom left (its all glitchy-ish)

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2009, 07:00 PM
(07-07-2009 08:55 AM)Gamer1291 link Wrote:[quote author=Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link=topic=6778.msg255556#msg255556 date=1246952686]
maybe your graphics card just can't handle it (Try nvidia?)

There no way for that to happen dude this is the latest ati card how can it not play sims 3 at max while it can play farcry 2,crysis at max its not graphic card problem its just a bug in game or something anyway i think i figured it out the jagged lines only apper in create a sim but after i get into the game that is move my family inside a house and start playing all the jagged edges became smooth and no curves at all well i think it was becoz of vsync or something else any way thanx for helping but there is no way my graphic card is bad i love my graphic card its the latest and the best in ati
[/quote]

It may be the "latest and the best," but you have to remember that EA Games has very specific requirements for their games. Chances are, your graphics card isn't very compatible with the game, thus giving you the jagged lines.

Like BubbleSim said, try putting your settings to default[medium]. The highest setting isn't always best. If that doesn't fix anything, then you may have to just suck it up and deal with the graphical imperfections.
23-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Do ANY of you guys research. The Radeon HD 4890 is one of the best single graphics cards out there. Can you post a picture of your CCC settings please?

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
24-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Well you see Alex there's this little thing we call compatibility... This may be a dumb example but... Chocolate may be Delicious but it just doesn't go right with egg?  {wacko} The sims needs certain requirements to be met and by this it can't be too advanced or else it won't be able to read some of the sims graphic files because the sims graphics aren't as advanced as Farcry and other top notch graphic games

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
25-07-2009, 05:21 AM
(24-07-2009 09:40 AM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:Well you see Alex there's this little thing we call compatibility... This may be a dumb example but... Chocolate may be Delicious but it just doesn't go right with egg?  {wacko} The sims needs certain requirements to be met and by this it can't be too advanced or else it won't be able to read some of the sims graphic files because the sims graphics aren't as advanced as Farcry and other top notch graphic games

What the heck are you on about? It CAN'T BE TOO ADVANCED? Seriosuly, if you said that on a tech website you'd be laughed at. The more powerful the better. I'm waiting for OP to post a picture of his CCC settings to see if anything isn't where it is supposed to be. Please DO SOME RESEARCH, even with google I'm sure you'll find out a bit more.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2009 04:54 PM by Gamer1291.)
(25-07-2009 05:21 AM)MrAlex link Wrote:[quote author=Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link=topic=6778.msg257933#msg257933 date=1248424807]
Well you see Alex there's this little thing we call compatibility... This may be a dumb example but... Chocolate may be Delicious but it just doesn't go right with egg?  {wacko} The sims needs certain requirements to be met and by this it can't be too advanced or else it won't be able to read some of the sims graphic files because the sims graphics aren't as advanced as Farcry and other top notch graphic games

What the heck are you on about? It CAN'T BE TOO ADVANCED? Seriosuly, if you said that on a tech website you'd be laughed at. The more powerful the better. I'm waiting for OP to post a picture of his CCC settings to see if anything isn't where it is supposed to be. Please DO SOME RESEARCH, even with google I'm sure you'll find out a bit more.
[/quote]

sorry to keep you waiting alex here is my CCC picture
[img width=600 height=479]http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo334/gamer1291/catalystcontroler2-1.jpg[/img]
[Image: catalystcontroler.jpg]
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Sorry to keep you waiting as well Tongue
But can you show me any more settings? Sorry to be so picky it's just to see if anything isn't where it's supposed to be.