Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Double-Barreled Surname
27-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Double-Barreled Surname
Call me slow, I'm only just really getting into the game since it stopped crashing on me last week. But I have AwesomeMod & IndieMod, so maybe this is a feature from those, but my Sims' friend's last name was Langerak, and this Langerak lady [forget first name] married this guy who's last name was Alvi.
Then when I next made my Sim meet up with her friend, her friend's surname was Alvi-Langerak. Is that a feature in the game, to combine surnames? I didn't know you could have double-barreled surnames. How can I get my own Sims that I'm playing to do that, anyone know?

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Re: Double-Barreled Surname
Weird. It doesn't happen in my game ???

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
27-07-2009, 10:05 PM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=6911.msg258719#msg258719 date=1248728115]
Call me slow, I'm only just really getting into the game since it stopped crashing on me last week. But I have AwesomeMod & IndieMod, so maybe this is a feature from those, but my Sims' friend's last name was Langerak, and this Langerak lady [forget first name] married this guy who's last name was Alvi.
Then when I next made my Sim meet up with her friend, her friend's surname was Alvi-Langerak. Is that a feature in the game, to combine surnames? I didn't know you could have double-barreled surnames. How can I get my own Sims that I'm playing to do that, anyone know?
Yes that comes with Indie stone, To do this all you have to do is change your sims name...
When your Sims first name comes up just click OK then in the last name if it is for example "Smith" just add a Dash and then another last name so it would be "Smith-Cassie" XD

In my indiemod/Awesomemod I set it so the Wife keeps the husbands name

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
27-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Thank you!! Just wanted to be sure. Thanks a lot. Karma for the help. Smile

Sometimes I want to change my Sims last name, and the change name option on the Town Hall is not there. Yet sometimes it is! It's all very odd.

27-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I only want that one thing, so I can change last names.  I dont want all that other stuff it comes with XD
27-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Have you checked the Time it is/Age your sim is, I know it has to be like at least 7AM and no later than 10PM.

(27-07-2009 11:47 PM)B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link Wrote:I only want that one thing, so I can change last names.  I dont want all that other stuff it comes with XD
You don't need the mods to change your name  ??? Or did I read that wrong

28-07-2009, 12:07 AM
(27-07-2009 11:48 PM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:Have you checked the Time it is/Age your sim is, I know it has to be like at least 7AM and no later than 10PM.

I'll go try that now, thanks. Smile

28-07-2009, 04:01 AM
(27-07-2009 11:48 PM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:Have you checked the Time it is/Age your sim is, I know it has to be like at least 7AM and no later than 10PM.

[quote author=B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link=topic=6911.msg258787#msg258787 date=1248734879]
I only want that one thing, so I can change last names.  I dont want all that other stuff it comes with XD
[/quote]
I just thought you could only change the first names.....
28-07-2009, 04:04 AM
(28-07-2009 04:01 AM)B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link Wrote:[quote author=Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link=topic=6911.msg258789#msg258789 date=1248734937]
Have you checked the Time it is/Age your sim is, I know it has to be like at least 7AM and no later than 10PM.

[quote author=B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link=topic=6911.msg258787#msg258787 date=1248734879]
[/quote]
I just thought you could only change the first names.....
[/quote]
You can change both, Your first name will pop out first you can change it or keep it then another box comes out with your Last name available to change

28-07-2009, 04:09 AM
I do NOT have that hack though.  Will it still work?