Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few questions about Sims Life Stories
15-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Re: A few questions about Sims Life Stories
(14-08-2009 09:13 AM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:Make sure the sim you download doesn't need any eps or stuff packs

Thanks. I picked one that said base game, but here is the link & additional notes said 'the clothes is for "H&M stuff pack' and I didn't see that before. There has been a comment about the clothes being from an expansion pack since I downloaded it too, so maybe that is why it won't work for me. Maybe I actually am not the cause! It's his clothes. Big Grin

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads...id/841248/
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Try not downloading sims and lots but instead clothes, furniture, etc. I don't know sims resource that much, but mod the sims is way easier imo.

[Image: 29133088.jpg]
<br /><br />Yeah, the friends that stuck together. We wrote our names in blood.
19-08-2009, 09:54 AM
(16-08-2009 07:50 PM)Ryan (Yoshman, duh!) link Wrote:Try not downloading sims and lots but instead clothes, furniture, etc. I don't know sims resource that much, but mod the sims is way easier imo.

Thanks Ryan. I could use some male hair styles so I can make my male sims look more different. Most of the hair styles in life stories are a bit ugly.  Tongue

But I have made a few sims and changed their facial features around a bit and I'm getting a bit better at it.

I registered with modthesims, and I found one hair style but it's a featured one, so I'm not sure it will let me download it. I'll test a few things out there. I got a little muddled on their site. There didn't seem to be many different options for sims 2.
20-08-2009, 12:29 AM
(19-08-2009 09:54 AM)lems link Wrote:[quote author=Ryan (Yoshman, duh!) link=topic=6924.msg263238#msg263238 date=1250448615]
Try not downloading sims and lots but instead clothes, furniture, etc. I don't know sims resource that much, but mod the sims is way easier imo.

Thanks Ryan. I could use some male hair styles so I can make my male sims look more different. Most of the hair styles in life stories are a bit ugly.  Tongue

But I have made a few sims and changed their facial features around a bit and I'm getting a bit better at it.

I registered with modthesims, and I found one hair style but it's a featured one, so I'm not sure it will let me download it. I'll test a few things out there. I got a little muddled on their site. There didn't seem to be many different options for sims 2.
[/quote]

I'm an expert with modthesims.

I'll just write you your on tutorial on it. Tongue 'Cause I'm just so nice. And the hairstyles are very fugly in that game. xD

First, download winrar. Linky------> http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3...07677.html

Now, go to my document, electronic arts, the sims life stories, and see if there's a downloads folder. If there isn't, then look at the left of the window, there should be a thing that says, create new folder. Click that, and name it 'Downloads'. Press enter and the folder should appear. Exit the window.

Now go to this link ------> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=278085

Click on the download tab and download every single file to My Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims Life Stories, Downloads. When you are done downloading, Go back to My Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims Life Stories, Downloads. Now highlight every single file and RIGHT click. Now go to 'extract here'. A window will pop up and load through it. It should only take a few seconds. When you are done, load your game and see if it worked.

Now, there are two catagories for downloads. Meshes and Recolors. Meshes are the core downloads and recolors require the original mesh to work. And on each download tab on modthesims, there's a thing that tells you what expansion packs are required for the download to work. Make sure that it doesn't require any expansion packs at all.

Hope it worked!

20-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you so very much Ryan.  {yes}

I have the downloads folder, and I have some package files that work in it already. (the EA games ones), so that part is fine. I also have 7-zip which does RAR files, so I'll try to extract with that first, and if it won't work I'll download winrar.

That is a really nice kitchen. I can't wait to try it out, so I'll test it as soon as I play my game next (it's on my other little computer), and I'll report back, hopefully with good news!

It was the meshes & recolors that got me a whee bit confused... but I'm sure I'll catch on one day soon.

Yes, the hairstyles are fugly. Tongue

The hair style I found that was the nicest was this one:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=167980

There seems to be a total of six male hairstyles. Is that right? This is where I got confused. I couldn't find a lot of things to download. I followed say this -  Downloads -> Sims 2 -> All -> Sims -> Celebrities & Real People -> Male & it doesn't give many options.

Thanks again for your help & patience.
20-08-2009, 08:50 AM
(20-08-2009 08:44 AM)lems link Wrote:Thank you so very much Ryan.  {yes}

I have the downloads folder, and I have some package files that work in it already. (the EA games ones), so that part is fine. I also have 7-zip which does RAR files, so I'll try to extract with that first, and if it won't work I'll download winrar.

That is a really nice kitchen. I can't wait to try it out, so I'll test it as soon as I play my game next (it's on my other little computer), and I'll report back, hopefully with good news!

It was the meshes & recolors that got me a whee bit confused... but I'm sure I'll catch on one day soon.

Yes, the hairstyles are fugly. Tongue

The hair style I found that was the nicest was this one:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=167980

There seems to be a total of six male hairstyles. Is that right? This is where I got confused. I couldn't find a lot of things to download. I followed say this -  Downloads -> Sims 2 -> All -> Sims -> Celebrities & Real People -> Male & it doesn't give many options.

Thanks again for your help & patience.
after you click on male/female that's the last option then and there you can find sims to download if there are any. Also to help you out on the left of the download page you can choose which expansions/stuff packs to show you should turn off everything except basegame so it will only show you Sims 2 base game stuff

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
20-08-2009, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2009 04:45 PM by lems.)
Ryan, you're a genius! It worked  {clap}

Thank you thank you thank you. I have all the kitchen counters, sinks, dishwashers & everything in my game.

And the 7-zip worked to extract them in case anyone else has it and wondered.

Sorry cheese. Bad wording on my part. I know it's the end of the links, but I meant to say there weren't many sims or things to download when I got there. Like male hair, there were only six to choose from. I don't seem to find these great downloads like the kitchens etc. I might be looking in the wrong downloads area. Thanks!

Edit. I found a lot more by just selecting downloads > categories ... not selecting sims 2.  Big Grin

I downloaded one hairstyle that didn't need a mesh extra download & it worked. My sim is walking around with a wolfcut now. I can see me spending a lot of time on modthesims.  Tongue

[quote='' dateline='']
Quote:after you click on male/female that's the last option then and there you can find sims to download if there are any. Also to help you out on the left of the download page you can choose which expansions/stuff packs to show you should turn off everything except basegame so it will only show you Sims 2 base game stuff
20-08-2009, 05:09 PM
(20-08-2009 03:59 PM)lems link Wrote:Ryan, you're a genius! It worked  {clap}

Thank you thank you thank you. I have all the kitchen counters, sinks, dishwashers & everything in my game.

And the 7-zip worked to extract them in case anyone else has it and wondered.

Sorry cheese. Bad wording on my part. I know it's the end of the links, but I meant to say there weren't many sims or things to download when I got there. Like male hair, there were only six to choose from. I don't seem to find these great downloads like the kitchens etc. I might be looking in the wrong downloads area. Thanks!

Edit. I found a lot more by just selecting downloads > categories ... not selecting sims 2.  Big Grin

I downloaded one hairstyle that didn't need a mesh extra download & it worked. My sim is walking around with a wolfcut now. I can see me spending a lot of time on modthesims.  Tongue

[quote author=Yo! who ate my cheese!]
Quote:after you click on male/female that's the last option then and there you can find sims to download if there are any. Also to help you out on the left of the download page you can choose which expansions/stuff packs to show you should turn off everything except basegame so it will only show you Sims 2 base game stuff

I'm glad to see that it worked! Enjoy! Wink