Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just A Suggestion.
03-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Just A Suggestion.
Is there a way to make certain threads Members Only on our forum?  I was sitting here thinking about all the random bots and potential predators out there, and thought it might be a good idea if we made the New/Best/Funniest Pictures of You thread a Members Only thread; so that people who actually stalk these kinds of places don't see our Members' pictures;  Especially since some of them -could- be taken the wrong way.

Dunno if this is possible, but just thought I'd ask Smile  I wanna try and keep our members safer.  And figure if there isn't anything out there for potential risks to see, they will be less inclined to join and harass/harm our members.

Thanks, Jen

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Re: Just A Suggestion.
Yesh please. Me and Jen were talking about it. ^_^
And I think it'd be safer. Smile

03-08-2009, 06:25 AM
I was thinking this months ago and that would be a great Idea !

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Matt did this a few months ago, but I doubt any of you noticed.

Although, he changed it back to the way it was before, I'm not entirely sure the reason why, or I am, but I just cannot remember, but I think it was something to do with putting guests off the forum, by seeing that there is no Off Topic section? Although that I cannot remember, and I can't find it in my chat logs either.

Coming Soon...
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I actually noticed it.
But then was wondering why he made it avaliable to everyone.

04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I third/fourth/whatever this!

If there's a problem with putting guests off by the fact that there's no off-topic board, why not make one member-exclusive (like for the pictures and stuff, things that only members could have) and one that is free for all, things that can't be taken the wrong way? Or at least make the members-only one a subforum.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
04-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Well, if they are actually predators and not bots, wouldnt they just make a topic?

But if they make the one topic like that, it would seem okay then Smile  I vote yesh!
04-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Like Mike said, we did this before but then put it back to the original way...not sure what the reason was...I'm sure that some digging can be done to found out why...or Matt will let us know...what ever happens first, haha.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
04-08-2009, 07:15 AM
(04-08-2009 05:00 AM)B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link Wrote:Well, if they are actually predators and not bots, wouldnt they just make a topic?

But if they make the one topic like that, it would seem okay then Smile   I vote yesh!

Making the topic isn't the big deal.  If they don't see a thread promoting pictures of our members, they'll be less likely to join thinking there's no potential.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
04-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Thats what I meant Smile    IF that particular thread is hidden, then yeah Smile  Not the whole off topic XD

What if it was an option when making the posts?