Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Basic CC Questions
06-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Basic CC Questions
Okay I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I would just like clear concise answers because downloading CC in the sims 3 is really confusing me.
To begin, I have Vista. Alright that's out of the way.

1) Where do I place .sims3pack files? And what do I do with them to make them work in the game?

2) How do I use install monkey, from MTS, to install .package files?

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
[Image: XRFP.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Re: Basic CC Questions
OK this may sound confusing but I'll give it my best shot.
Before you start you may have to turn your User Account Control off first.

Go to start, then Control Panel, then click on User Accounts and Family Safety, then User Accounts, then click on the last option Turn User Account On or Off. Then Untick the box. You will have to restart your computer before you can download anything.

1. Before you download your mod or hack you have to make a 'Mods' folder inside your 'The Sims 3' folder, without the quotation marks.

Then, inside your mods folder make another folder called 'Packages', this is where your .package files will go.

Once you have done that, use a program that unzips files like WinZip or WinRar. Unzip the whole file into your 'The Sims 3' folder.

The file should come with a Resource.cfg file. This has to be placed into your 'The Sims 3' folder. The .package file has to be placed into the Packages folder.

2. Once the .package file is in the folder, right click on it to show a list.

On the very top of the list in bold writing should be the option 'Install to Sims 3'.

Click on that and it should install it to your game. It may not come up with a loading bar and if it doesn't don't worry it should still install into your game.

I hope that helps and if you have any questions just post them and I will try to help.

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Re: Basic CC Questions
(06-08-2009 08:44 AM)Sam link Wrote:OK this may sound confusing but I'll give it my best shot.
Before you start you may have to turn your User Account Control off first.

Go to start, then Control Panel, then click on User Accounts and Family Safety, then User Accounts, then click on the last option Turn User Account On or Off. Then Untick the box. You will have to restart your computer before you can download anything.

1. Before you download your mod or hack you have to make a 'Mods' folder inside your 'The Sims 3' folder, without the quotation marks.

Then, inside your mods folder make another folder called 'Packages', this is where your .package files will go.

Once you have done that, use a program that unzips files like WinZip or WinRar. Unzip the whole file into your 'The Sims 3' folder.

The file should come with a Resource.cfg file. This has to be placed into your 'The Sims 3' folder. The .package file has to be placed into the Packages folder.

2. Once the .package file is in the folder, right click on it to show a list.

On the very top of the list in bold writing should be the option 'Install to Sims 3'.

Click on that and it should install it to your game. It may not come up with a loading bar and if it doesn't don't worry it should still install into your game.

I hope that helps and if you have any questions just post them and I will try to help.
Well that works but it's easy if you just download monkey helper UAC. that does the mod folder thing for you, then download the mods you want place them somewhere and double click it and that's it. I don't know how to do sims 3 cc from sims3.com since i never go there

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P