Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Harry Potter - Official Thread 2!
12-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread 2!
dateline= Wrote:What was everyone doing the night DH was released? I didn't get to go to a midnight release.

First off, I reread the series the week prior to the release, as most people did. Then I filled the extra time with spazzing with others...mostly online friends from various HP forums, since my friends are lame and this forum didn't exist yet. Sad

As for that night...well, if you remember, the OotP movie and the book were released around the same time. Soooo, I went to see the 8:00pm showing of OotP. (Though I barely watched the movie...do you know how hard it is to sit still for two and a half hours knowing that the 7th and final installment of my beloved Harry Potter would be coming out in only a few short hours? Yeah, it's impossible. I was spazzing. I'd randomly grab my friend's arm and go "EEEEPPPP!!! 3 hours and 21 minutes!!!!" If I had had a watch, I would have included the seconds. XD Anyway...). The theater is connected to our mall, which happpppens to contain a Books-A-Million store. So as soon as the movie was over, we headed over there. They had one of those midnight release party things going on, and everyone was dressed up. They had a costume contest (I could have entered, since I was wearing a HP shirt with the Hogwarts crest on it, but it would have been pointless. Some of those costumes were AMAYING. Someone dressed up as Trelawny, and I swear it could have been Emma Thompson herself.)

Anyway, I was at, like, the beginning of the line. It was awesomeee! They were handing out pins with the house crests and HP candies and such. Then my friends and I started talking with one of the guys that worked there (who just happened to be adorable, btw), and we somehow convinced him to give us all the delivery boxes he possibly could (yanno, the ones the books are delivered in...I have a bunch in my closet, and one on my wall Big Grin).

Then they had trivia contests and such (three people won the grand prize (including myself Big Grin), which was a complete set of hardcovers INCLUDING a free DH book. I nearly died. {blush}

Once it got close, we started counting down, and then at midnight, everyone screamed their damn heads off. Some people had poppers and such, and some threw glitter in the air.

One of the best nights of my life. << Goes to show how much I love HP. XD

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
How are you quoting me? I try to quote you [I take out the time/date etc, just use basic quoting tags] and it only renders the error. Sad

Anyhow, holy crap on a cracker. I went to see OotP the day before too! I didn't concentrate on it AT ALL. It's my least favourite film for one, and like you, I was WAYYYY too excited.
I also reread the series. All the time, my mind was racing thinking I'm FINALLY going to have the missing piece of the jigsaw. We're gonna find out everything. It's gonna be over. I had to pause to absorb it all every few minutes. XD

If I had a time machine I would either go back to 1997 so I can get a first edition of PS and see the series become what it is all over again. Or 2007 to relive the DH anticipation.

There was a couple days ago a first edition PS on eBay. It was currently at £6,000. XD

The midnight release sounds breathtaking. Smile
Ya know, I'm getting really hyped for the theme park now. To be the first ever group to go to that theme park, omg... LOL, even though that wont happen, I'll SO be going there one day. I'll probably have kids by that time, but ah well, they're going to be HP fans so they'll enjoy the trip. Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
12-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Just copy what you want to quote, type [q u o t e] (without the spaces, of course), paste, and then type [/ q u o t e]. Takes a little more effort than normal quoting, but it gets the job done. Smile

dateline= Wrote:I had to pause to absorb it all every few minutes.

GAH!! I did the exact same thing. XD I'd find myself thinking about it while reading a paragraph, which caused me to not reallllly take in anything that I had just read, so I'd have to stop while I gathered my thoughts. XD

12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I do that. But it doesn't work. It only seems to happen when I quote your posts. :\
Ah well.

Okay this is going to sound so LAME. {blush}
But I have a question.
For a girl, what's a better name;
Luna Rose or Lily Rose?

[btw that's not random, obviously Lily, Luna and Rose are HP characters just in case Tongue].

12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
That's strange. Maybe try breaking my quotes down like I do with yours? One or two sentences at a time, that way it doesn't freak out from the epicness. XD

Hmmm. I think I like Luna Rose better. Lily Rose IS pretty, but they're both flowers, so it's a little...redundant, I guess? But I like them both. Smile

13-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Luna Rose does sound more nice.  ^_^

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
13-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Sooo I started GOF today. Sorry kinda got busy. Please don't kill me Cassie! XD

Well I read about 15 chapters! I have to say I felt so bad for Winky. Sad
She sounds so adorable! I would've dome the same thing and not eat like Hermonie did. Poor Elves. *makes a 'Free all house elves tee'*
I really should make one. XD

I have to say. One thing I don't like about ANY movies that were books is that they leave out so damn much. It's frustrating. HP I have to say is by far the best book turned movie I've ever seen. Though I was dissappointed reading POA and then comparing it to the movie and it was lacking. Sad
At least the actors look like the characters. Unlike some books. *cough Twilight. *cough* XD

Thanks for letting me join your HP disorder club Bambi and Cassie. Smile XD 

13-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah. Luna Rose is cuter. Plus, Luna is one wackadoodle, and I embrace wackadoodleness. Big Grin
Thanks for the input girlies. :]

(13-08-2009 04:12 AM)[removed] felton♥ link Wrote:Sooo I started GOF today. Sorry kinda got busy. Please don't kill me Cassie! XD

Well I read about 15 chapters! I have to say I felt so bad for Winky. Sad
She sounds so adorable! I would've dome the same thing and not eat like Hermonie did. Poor Elves. *makes a 'Free all house elves tee'*
I really should make one. XD

I have to say. One thing I don't like about ANY movies that were books is that they leave out so damn much. It's frustrating. HP I have to say is by far the best book turned movie I've ever seen. Though I was dissappointed reading POA and then comparing it to the movie and it was lacking. Sad
At least the actors look like the characters. Unlike some books. *cough Twilight. *cough* XD

Thanks for letting me join your HP disorder club Bambi and Cassie. Smile XD 

Gah, Sommie Sommie Sommie, I could never get angry at you! Tongue *hugs*

S.P.E.W is brilliant for two reasons. You probably know the other one too. You know everything already. Tongue
Years ago when GoF [book] came out my mum even bought me a S.P.E.W badge and put it on my school cardigan. I was like 'mum you rawkss'. Tongue Well I didn't say that as a 7 year old but it was probably along those lines. {rolleyes}

I think Rupert is the perfect Ron. He should have freckles but we can all overlook that. :]
Emma is good, except she should be a little plumper. I do believe Jo has said Hermione was never meant to be a slender as Emma. Not fat, just normal-sized. And Emma needs to get brown hair, not blonde.

Like what she had in the photoshoot;

[img width=600 height=449]http://www.emma-watson-fans.net/hpgallery/albums/albums/Photoshoots/Tatler/4.jpg[/img][img width=449 height=600]http://www.emma-watson-fans.net/hpgallery/albums/albums/Photoshoots/Tatler/18.jpg[/img][img width=449 height=600]http://www.emma-watson-fans.net/hpgallery/albums/albums/Photoshoots/Tatler/9.jpg[/img]

She looks stunning as a brunette.  <3  Why coudln't she keep it this colour for the films? I know naturally she's not that dark but Hermione was.

As for Dan. He LOOKS like Harry fer sure. XD Except he should have been a little skinnier and for goodness sakes grow his hair so it looks messy like in PoA. Tongue

They DO look a million times better than what the Twilight cast turned out to be. *hates on KStew and RPattz*

Why is it that everyone looks at him and falls in love? I feel like I'm missing out on something that I don't find him attractive AT ALL. He's winning all the awards for being so good-looking and I'm just sat like ; {blink}

Oh, and [removed], are you sure you want to thank us? We'll send you HP CRAZEH! Tongue XD

Smile

13-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Even my mom likes Rob! XD
I'm like 'Ewww'. In my mind he'll always be Cedric Diggory.
So idc what anyone says. =P

And yes Cassie. I would like to thank you and Bambs. XD
I love the series so far. By then end of the series I was thinking of making a comparisons between Twilight and Harry Potter. Smile

13-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Why do you need to compare, when you know HP is gonna win hands down.

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]