Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 crashing in create a sim. and is it bad to delete user presets files?
17-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Sims 3 crashing in create a sim. and is it bad to delete user presets files?
My game kept crashing when it went to create a sim. It only does it when I want to create a woman and I scroll down to view the clothes. I went to delete my caches and I noticed a user presets file that was never there before. I thought that maybe it was the cause of my crashing because my game wasn't crashing yesterday, and I don't remember seeing that file before. I deleted it, but my game keeps crashing in create a sim and one time it crashed before the game even loaded. I deleted all my caches and I don't have any custom content. I also did everything on here and nothing worked:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?titl...ng_Crashes

My graphics card isn't good enough and I have to run the game on the lowest settings, but usually I can play. Most of the time it crashes every one in a while, not every time I try to create a sim. When it crashes the screen goes completely black. Is there any way to get out of this without restarting my computer? Escape, ctrl+alt+delete, and the windows flag button don't work.
Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Re: Sims 3 crashing in create a sim. and is it bad to delete user presets files?
You need to run the game on windowed mode - this can get rid of crashes for a start, or make them less frequent at least, but that's not always true. However if it does freeze, you can close the game without having to restart your computer. I used to have the exact same problem, however I downloaded a free update for my graphics driver and I now have no crashes whatsoever. Dunno if that could help you. Worth a shot. Tongue

Seeing as you have no CC, I don't know what causes the game to crash in CAS but it's a common problem. There's nothing I can really say as I'm not totally tech-savvy except, try it in windowed mode and try downloading a free graphic driver update if you can.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
17-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Re: Sims 3 crashing in create a sim. and is it bad to delete user presets files?
I have tried windowed mode, but my whole screen still turns black. I just uninstalled and reinstalled my game. This time it let me scroll down enough to notice a black turtleneck shirt for YA women that has never been there before. I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it.