Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CC
25-08-2009, 11:31 PM
CC
Welp... I've downloaded some custom content but when I go to play my game it NEVER shows up. And I want to know how I can get it to show up cause I hate some of the hair styles in the game and I want some really pimped out cool ones. xD

And I was wondering if there was any good sites for hair for the sims 3. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Re: CC
For installing sims3.com(directly from TS3.com) CC:
1.First off, Download what you want then open up the sims 3 launcher go to the downloads tab and click install.
2. Make sure the deactivate Custom content button is UNchecked (if you haven't even realized the button then don't fret over looking for it)

For installing OTHER(hair,mods,cloths) CC:
1.Install the helper monkey Installer Monkey
2.Download whatever you want from whatever site
3.When the download is complete double click it and the monkey automatically installs its for you

Where to find hair.
1.Just go to a site such as peggysims or rosesims and download hair but if you see hair that you want but costs money just look for it under Pay site myst be destroyed

Hope I helped  Wink

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
26-08-2009, 04:39 AM
But the thing is, I download stuff off the sims 3 site and the hair doesn't show up or the clothes, and I tried installing the Monkey thingy, but my computer doesn't take rar. -.-
26-08-2009, 05:20 AM
try using winzip,7zip or google something for your.. I'm guessing mac?
Try deleting your cache files. It should be under your sims 3 folder in documents there should be 4

27-08-2009, 12:06 AM
No its a windows xp,
But I deleted the cache files but there were only 3. :/
27-08-2009, 12:28 AM
which 3 were they? Also XP does accept RAR my old XP used to take it

27-08-2009, 12:35 AM
They were the dcdb0.dbc dcdb0.ebc and missingdeps.idx
And when I would download that file and try to open it, the page would automadically go to this page: http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/...sp?Ext=rar And when I ever downloaded rar before it never showed up in my games. But I think I messed up the file when I try to download that one cause I set it to open up with the internet, and now all it does it popup with the download file asking if I want to open or same it.
27-08-2009, 12:38 AM
(27-08-2009 12:35 AM)●~●ß~Ŕ~Ĩ~Ť●~● link Wrote:They were the dcdb0.dbc dcdb0.ebc and missingdeps.idx
And when I would download that file and try to open it, the page would automatically go to this page: http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/...sp?Ext=rar And when I ever downloaded rar before it never showed up in my games. But I think I messed up the file when I try to download that one cause I set it to open up with the internet, and now all it does it popup with the download file asking if I want to open or same it.
They should be
-caspartcache
-compositercache
-scriptcache
-simcompositercache

After you install RAR (I use Winrar) download a file and right click then put open with... Then under program files look for whatever you downloaded

27-08-2009, 12:43 AM
But if I download Winrar do I have to pay for it?
27-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Nopeee.
It's free Big Grin