Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled - anyone use it?
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled - anyone use it?
Hi again, just me.  Big Grin

I want to be able to have more than 4 sims (Life stories so limit is 4) in my game as I can't have the elders, and also have their child get married & have a child. They can get married and that's it. Or if it's a girl, be an unwed Mom. So, I googled and come up with this but I've read it can mess with your game.

http://www.snootysims.com/boolpropindex....igfamilies

(hope it's ok to link to this page)

Does anyone have experience using this cheat? I tried it out once to change the Aspiration from family to knowledge, but it only worked on the daily 'wants', it didn't change the lifetime want of marry off 2 kids. I wanted to change it as I find I can never get platinum for life when it's ' marry off 2 kids ' even though it shows in their memory that their 2 kids married. I have all the influence (extra friends too), and heaps of aspiration rewards, so I'm not sure if it's because they get married outside the lot of the parent. Do they need to be married on the same lot as the parent with the marry off 2 children lifetime want?

I was also thinking about using this cheat for their careers. I tend to choose knowledge & money, getting the same careers all the time because of the following:

Love - they are terribly unfaithful  Tongue
Popularity - parties can quite tiring all the time
Family - I want to limit to one child most of the time and I seem to get marry off 2 children.

Fussy aren't I?  {rolleyes}
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Re: boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled - anyone use it?
Well even though I got no replies, I gave it a go. There are some sims I'm so attached to I would have been upset to lose them if I had to reinstall, but I took the risk...  {clap}

I read up a bit more on the internet and it seems it's a bit hit & miss whether it will mess up your game. But if you don't press things like force error mostly it seemed fine. So before I tried the boolprop, I did try to propose and move the family in while the daughter was pregnant (thought I could trick the game - but no - it knew she was pregnant and said no go), so I went with boolprop and added them by adding a neighbour.

So now I have 5 members of the family together, with a new baby girl just born.  Big Grin

It really spoils the game not letting you have at least 5. If they age naturally, it almost would be impossible to keep an adult child home, married and have a child!

I wish my little netbook would run sims2, but it won't!

If anyone reads this, is there anyway of backing up your game if you want to change to a new computer?
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
(09-09-2009 08:30 PM)lems link Wrote:Well even though I got no replies, I gave it a go. There are some sims I'm so attached to I would have been upset to lose them if I had to reinstall, but I took the risk...  {clap}

I read up a bit more on the internet and it seems it's a bit hit & miss whether it will mess up your game. But if you don't press things like force error mostly it seemed fine. So before I tried the boolprop, I did try to propose and move the family in while the daughter was pregnant (thought I could trick the game - but no - it knew she was pregnant and said no go), so I went with boolprop and added them by adding a neighbour.

So now I have 5 members of the family together, with a new baby girl just born.  Big Grin

It really spoils the game not letting you have at least 5. If they age naturally, it almost would be impossible to keep an adult child home, married and have a child!

I wish my little netbook would run sims2, but it won't!

If anyone reads this, is there anyway of backing up your game if you want to change to a new computer?
Wouldn't know, sorry! I don't even know if you can do that on the life stoies but i'm sure you can.

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I always have trouble with the make vampire/cure of vampirism . it wont cure!!!!!!!! i also have a favourite catergory the one in wich rodneys tomb stone of L and D i cant get through the game without it because it helps wen i want to move in just teens i kill a parent and they can live as just teens {clap} {blush} {blink} Tongue Sad {rolleyes}
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I've used the cheat. Just not on Life Stories. D:
But I loveee that cheat. Though it'll like mess your computer up and more than likely will crash your game.

You can go to the Matchmaker person and get the cure :]
Or use the cheat to cure them. ;D

05-11-2009, 03:33 AM
It's okay if you use it for simple things I think. Like the Tombstone of L&D

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
22-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I use that cheat more then I use motherlode.  o.O
22-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I use it when I need to for storylines in my legacy. Maxmotives if my pregnant sim is on the verge of dying.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
05-01-2010, 05:56 AM
I use boolprop sometimes

but I am more of a InSimenator girl now

[Image: donttrustrich-1.jpg]
<br /><br />[Image: rainbow.jpg]
GAY PRIDE WTF!
10-01-2010, 01:14 AM
I love testingcheats. I use it quite regularly. ^__~