Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PLEASE HELP ME!
12-09-2009, 10:09 PM
PLEASE HELP ME!
okay iam sick of everytime i download a sim for hair/ clothes it wont work!!!the sims face and body will come but it is STILL the same default sims 3 hair and clothes!!!!!

i am sick of this because i SO want some good cc in my game!

this is how i am downloading my sims,this is what i did for ts2 and it worked but i am wondering if it is the same for ts3
okay i download to my desktop,extract files,go on to "hannah"(me),documents,electronic arts,The sims 3.downloads,then finish.

is this right?if not please explain thoroughly
karma givenTongue

I speak simlish!:)Do you..........................?
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Re: PLEASE HELP ME!
http://www.simsforums.net/general_sims_3...251.0.html

There is the walk through that is posted 5 topics below this.
12-09-2009, 10:27 PM
thanks karmaBig Grin

12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
yea thnks bt it didt really help i couldnt understand it

12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Just get the Installer Monkey then.
12-09-2009, 11:17 PM
My tutorial also links to the Installer Monkey, which makes it a lot easier if you don't want to go the advanced route. It's right at the top of it.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
12-09-2009, 11:27 PM
(12-09-2009 10:09 PM)HannaBanana123 link Wrote:okay i download to my desktop,extract files,go on to "hannah"(me),documents,electronic arts,The sims 3.downloads,then finish.
That's the wrong place.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title...kage_Files

"Content DOES NOT go in My Documents!

Content DOES NOT go in My Documents!!!

Just so we are clear: DO NOT DO ANYTHING IN MY DOCUMENTS

Notice that nowhere in this guide does it say to put anything in My Documents? Good. Now you may read on.

Oh, wait... before you do...
Content DOES NOT GO IN MY DOCUMENTS

* You will need a file called Resource.cfg, which you can download by clicking here.
http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=927170

* Extract the Resource.cfg file from the RAR.

* Windows: Place that file in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - then place any .package files in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

You must make the folder called "Mods" and open in and in it make a folder called "Packages". You put all the package files you downloaded there.
13-09-2009, 03:02 AM
THHHHANK YOU!!!!

i get what 2 do now but i cant seem 2 find program files..
any1 tell me where i cud find it?!!:L

13-09-2009, 03:05 AM
If your on XP, there should be an icon on your desktop that says "My Computer", click that, then click on your harddrive. It's most likely called "C:", then "Program Files" should be listed.

If your on Vista, click Start, then on the right side there should be "Computer" and then follow the steps above.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
13-09-2009, 03:12 AM
thanks so mucch!Big GrinD