or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About Threads/Posts - Please Read
03-10-2009, 02:02 AM
About Threads/Posts - Please Read
Hey everyone,

I've had to lock and remove 2 topics today because members are making topics, then editing them and asking they be locked/removed because they figured out they belonged in another topic, or for some other reason.

PLEASE
• Think before you post: where does your post belong? Is there a thread for/similar to it already?
• Look at the threads already opened: check the 1st AND 2nd page before starting something new.
• Search: don't be afraid to use the Search option to help in seeing if you're making a duplicate thread.  This will save the mods more time/work.
• 120 Day Rule: please, DO NOT revive posts that have not been posted in in over 120 days.  If you hit reply, and a RED WARNING appears telling you that the thread has been inactive for more than 120 days, DO NOT REPLY TO IT; instead, in these cases, go ahead and create a New Thread about the topic.

Repeat threads, and having to remove and or lock threads (even/especially on request) is annoying and not worth the extra time/work.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Your efforts will be great appreciated!

Thanks,
Jen

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
17-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Re: About Threads/Posts - Please Read
I'd like to add to this, from what I've seen over the past few days.

If you see an offensive post or topic, click REPORT TO MODERATOR, Do [color=red]NOT respond to them. Just ignore the reply and continue on with the discussion from before. A Moderator will come and clean it up as quickly as possible, but it's just making our job harder cleaning up about 5 replies instead of just the 1.

Coming Soon...
Thread Closed