Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with The Sims 2
18-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Help with The Sims 2
I've only played Life Stories, but saw The Sims 2 on sale and took a chance it would work on my little netbook (which I heard it wouldn't), and it worked. Very excited to be playing this game. Big Grin

But I'm finding things a bit different from Life Stories and have a few questions.

I googled inventory, and it seems I should have it, but when I click on the rewards option it only has aspiration & career options. There's no backpack for inventory. So does the basic TS2 have inventory?

Also, I don't seem to see a Lifetime Want (so a suggested career path). Do I just pick any career or am I missing where the Lifetime Want is?

Also, I googled a cell phone and it said to go shopping and I couldn't find the cell phone in the vending machine. Then someone said to edit a community and put the vending machine in, but an electronics vending machine wasn't an option to put on a community lot. Is there any way of getting a cell phone in the basic TS2 game?

I'm playing Vernonville at the moment. Can I go into the other towns like Pleasentville and start families without losing my Vernonville families? Like will it save the games separately. I remember reading you can only save one neighborhood, so I wasn't sure if that's what it meant.

I know some of the things I want will probably require an EP. If so, could someone suggest which one (the lightest one). I'm not sure if I'll be pushing it by adding an EP, so does anyone know how much more resourses it uses?
Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Re: Help with The Sims 2
(18-10-2009 06:53 AM)lems link Wrote:I googled inventory, and it seems I should have it, but when I click on the rewards option it only has aspiration & career options. There's no backpack for inventory. So does the basic TS2 have inventory?
Not the base game, No.

(18-10-2009 06:53 AM)lems link Wrote:Also, I don't seem to see a Lifetime Want (so a suggested career path). Do I just pick any career or am I missing where the Lifetime Want is?

Once you make your sim (and is at least an adult) they should have a lifetime want. It would be totally random and isn't always career based

(18-10-2009 06:53 AM)lems link Wrote:Also, I googled a cell phone and it said to go shopping and I couldn't find the cell phone in the vending machine. Then someone said to edit a community and put the vending machine in, but an electronics vending machine wasn't an option to put on a community lot. Is there any way of getting a cell phone in the basic TS2 game?
You need university for a phone.

(18-10-2009 06:53 AM)lems link Wrote:I'm playing Vernonville at the moment. Can I go into the other towns like Pleasentville and start families without losing my Vernonville families? Like will it save the games separately. I remember reading you can only save one neighborhood, so I wasn't sure if that's what it meant.
Short Answer: No.. No need to worry Wink

(18-10-2009 06:53 AM)lems link Wrote:I know some of the things I want will probably require an EP. If so, could someone suggest which one (the lightest one). I'm not sure if I'll be pushing it by adding an EP, so does anyone know how much more resourses it uses?
I suggest you get either the Apartment Life Ep,  Freetime, or Seasons.

Good luck! Wink

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
18-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks Yo. You always help me out really quickly.  Smile

I understand what the game has & has not got now.

Can I just clarify when you say no, no need to worry on the neighborhood question, does that mean yes I can go into other neighborhoods and start families? Sorry, I wasn't sure.

Also, how do I find out what their lifetime want is? In Life Stories I hold the mouse over the mood meter and it shows up, but there is only one meter in TS2. I can't find their lifetime want. My little book I got with the game doesn't seem to mention where it is.

I will look around for EPs. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm lucky they are selling out the games cheap now, but sometimes they are now hard to find too, so I'll see what I can find.  {clap}
18-10-2009, 06:14 PM
(18-10-2009 11:56 AM)lems link Wrote:Can I just clarify when you say no, no need to worry on the neighborhood question, does that mean yes I can go into other neighborhoods and start families? Sorry, I wasn't sure.
Yup, No need to worry
(18-10-2009 11:56 AM)lems link Wrote:Also, how do I find out what their lifetime want is? In Life Stories I hold the mouse over the mood meter and it shows up, but there is only one meter in TS2. I can't find their lifetime want. My little book I got with the game doesn't seem to mention where it is.

[img width=600 height=450]http://www.simsnetwork.com/images/nieuws/ep7/fanevent/ep7review16.jpg[/img]
Hover over where the white meter is. It doesn't have to be white but should be there.

(18-10-2009 11:56 AM)lems link Wrote:I will look around for EPs. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm lucky they are selling out the games cheap now, but sometimes they are now hard to find too, so I'll see what I can find.  {clap}
Woot! Just remember to get the one that appeals you most not with what they have (Such as phones,inventory,and such)

I feel like playing the sims 2 now... XD I cant now though since I'm too used to the sims 3 Sad

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
19-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks Yo.  Smile

I have a feeling you need some type of EP for a lifetime want too. That is where I'm looking (it's the same in Life Stories), but it just gives me their aspiration reading at the time. No-where does it mention any lifetime want. I can't look at the moment to confirm, because I'm not near my external CD drive. I can only play it when I've got it with me as my netbook has no internal cd drive.

I really want inventory I think, so does it come with all EPs, or just some? The ghosts get too pesky, so I usually put them into inventory for a break. I've looked around at different EPs on the web, and they just mention more exciting stuff that comes with the pack. I'm thinking I'll get the lifetime want with any EP... though I'm not sure. I'm so new to this game. Seasons seems to be very popular. I like to stay within the lot usually, not really going out to the community lots much, so something that improves the internals of the sims house lots would be best for me.

Thanks again!
19-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Inventories start at the Open for Business expansion pack. (Third one) and are in every single expansion pack and stuff pack after that. Life time wants are in every single expansion pack and stuff pack since they start with university (first one)

You should get the seasons expansion pack, most people love it! ;D

[Image: 29133088.jpg]
<br /><br />Yeah, the friends that stuck together. We wrote our names in blood.
20-10-2009, 09:47 AM
(19-10-2009 09:47 PM)Ryan © link Wrote:Inventories start at the Open for Business expansion pack. (Third one) and are in every single expansion pack and stuff pack after that. Life time wants are in every single expansion pack and stuff pack since they start with university (first one)

You should get the seasons expansion pack, most people love it! ;D

Thanks Ryan. I look forward to having both of those features.  Smile

I think Seasons sounds the most fun, but I can't find it at any eb games store (where I need to buy as they offer refunds if it doesn't work). I looked on their website too, and it isn't even there, so I went to eb games today and bought FreeTime which was my 2nd choice, though Nightlife was also there and looked fun too. I love the karoke machine in Life Stories, so it was a tough choice, but I decided on something different to features in Life Stories.

I can't load it until I am home with my external, so wish me luck it works !! I'm excited. {clap}

I'll keep you guys posted.
21-10-2009, 09:13 AM
It worked!  {yes}

It seems a little slow, sometimes freezes for a second, but that is fine. There is so much in the game. Such great value for Australian $25.

I have so many questions, but I will read up guides etc before annoying everyone here. I just have one question I could not find an answer to and would like to use almost straight away as I have the Lifetime wants now. If I use the ReNuYuSenso Orb to change an Aspiration, can you buy it again? I see one bottle in my inventory, and there's also a machine looking one in the Aspiration list. So because that wasn't in Life Stories, it's very new to me. I don't want to mess up more. I already messed up by picking grilled cheese somehow as the 2nd aspiration.  Big Grin