Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blue screen then automatic restart
08-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Blue screen then automatic restart
Hello
So I double click on Sims 3, then all of a sudden I get this blue "command prompt"-like screen for a split second, and automatically restarts my laptop. Then once my laptop has loaded back up again, I double click on Sims 3 again...and it works fine.
Could anyone possibly tell me what's up with it and how to solve it? Cos I can imagine its not doing my laptop a lot of good.

Thanks  Smile
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Re: Blue screen then automatic restart
You got the Blue Screen of Death. Basically, something's wrong hardware wise. You might want to keep an eye for it from now on, because something is probably failing. How old is your laptop?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Brand new....it's the new Acer...Aspire 5536

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core QL-64, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.05, 25/06/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.87 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.68 GB
Total Virtual Memory 5.95 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.81 GB

Thanks for the reply
13-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Hm, that's interesting. Has it happened again lately?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
14-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Yea...just tried it again now. The game doesnt start up or anything...it restarts before it gets the chance to go onto the screen where it shows the extra things youve downloaded for Sims 3, and where it has the "Play" button on it.

Sometimes I have to try trying to play it twice, or three times, before it actually works. So yea...it's annoying and its not doing any good for my laptop {huh}
16-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Try reinstalling the game and running it without custom content, even from TS3 site.

Also try upgrading your graphics card drivers

20-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I've solved it Tongue ....without doing what you suggested Phoebe, I found that it was the "Open Launcher" (the thing that comes up at the beginning where you can view your downloads and click the "play" button) that was causing it to crash. So what I did, I went into the Bin folder in the Electroic Arts folder, and created a shortcut for TS3 on my desktop ...and now I just double click that and it brings me straight onto the game Tongue  s'all good  {thumbup}