23-11-2009, 02:47 AM
What does you name mean?
Yes, what does it mean?
go here: http://www.behindthename.com/

Mine means:

STEPHEN

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: STEEV-ən (English), STEF-ən (English)  [key]

From the Greek name Στεφανος (Stephanos) meaning "crown". Saint Stephen was a deacon who was stoned to death, as told in Acts in the New Testament, and he is regarded as the first Christian martyr. Due to him, the name became common in the Christian world. It was popularized in England by the Normans.
This was the name of kings of England, Serbia, and Poland, as well as ten popes. It was also borne by the first Christian king of Hungary (10th century), who is regarded as the patron saint of that country. More recent bearers include British physicist Stephen Hawking (1942-) and the American author Stephen King (1947-).
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Re: What does you name mean?
I couldn't find my name XD

23-11-2009, 02:51 AM
lol, but didn`t you say that it meant gift or something?
23-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Means good girl {rolleyes}

23-11-2009, 02:55 AM
oh there u go!
well why didn`t you search in Arabic names...
u said its arabic right?
23-11-2009, 02:57 AM
Yeah. But it's spelled differently. So yeah x3
I don't know the correct spelling.

23-11-2009, 03:03 AM
oh I see lol
spelling names is hard
i feel sorry for arnold shwazdsafjknsjfbjefbjsfc (however you spell his name!) when he was in kindergarten, trying to know how to spell his last name lmao
23-11-2009, 04:24 AM
BRIANA

Usage: English

Pronounced: bree-AN-ə, brie-AN-ə  [key]
Feminine form of BRIAN

.... kay, time to search my dad's name...

BRIAN

Usage: Irish, English, Ancient Irish

Pronounced: BRIE-ən (Irish, English)  [key]
The meaning of this name is not known for certain but it is possibly related to the old Celtic element bre meaning "hill", or by extension "high, noble". It was borne by the semi-legendary Irish king Brian Boru, who thwarted Viking attempts to conquer Ireland in the 11th century. He was slain in the Battle of Clontarf, though his forces were decisively victorious. The name was common in Ireland before his time, and even more so afterwards. It came into use in England in the Middle Ages, introduced by Breton settlers. It subsequently became rare, but was revived in the 20th century.

----

PHOEBE

Usage: English, Greek Mythology (Latinized), Biblical, Biblical Latin

Pronounced: FEE-bee (English)  [key]
Latinized form of the Greek name Φοιβη (Phoibe), which meant "bright, pure" from Greek φοιβος (phoibos). In Greek mythology Phoibe was a Titan associated with the moon. This was also an epithet of her granddaughter, the moon goddess Artemis. The name appears in Paul's epistle to the Romans in the New Testament, where it belongs to a female minister in the church at Cenchreae. In England, it began to be used as a given name after the Protestant Reformation. A moon of Saturn bears this name (in honour of the Titan).

And THAT is why I want my name is be Phoebe.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
23-11-2009, 04:25 AM
interesting!
so your name is Briana but you like Phoebe better
I wish my name wasn`t Steven either xD
23-11-2009, 04:27 AM
LOL.

My name, Samuel means either "name of God" or "God has heard".  Wink

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]